Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

Closing System Display Window (MD-11 FS9)

Hello:After opening the SD, where both the panel and the window open, I am unable to close the window when I close the SD panel. I close it by clicking the "X" on the upper left corner, or by left clicking the icon on the main panel. When I do that, the panel itself closes but the window always remains open.I can only close the window by right clicking on the window and choosing the FS "close window" command.Is there a way where both the panel and window will close at the same time?I have read the manual and have searched the forum without success.Thanks for any advice.Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Click on the hotspot used to open the SD displays, that will also close the selector panel and associated overhead panel if one is open.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan:Thanks for your response.As a picture is worth a million words, I attach two screenshots. In the first one, is the SD panel and associated window, which opened when I pressed the "SD" hotpoint.The second screenshot is wht is left after I either press on the hotspot again, or the "X" on the upper left corner of the SD panel. The display window stays on and I can only close it "manually".Regards.Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Peculiar, when i close with the x, both closes.Please post the screenies beneath each other. I was wondering were pic no 2 was!/ Leffe

Hi Leif:Thanks for your interest.I don't know how to modify the screenies so that they are "on top" of each other. #2, was to the right of the first one. Notwithstanding, I attach here the #2 photo (I hope I am not breaking forum rules by "double-posting" :( !! ) , which shows the window remaining on my monitor, after I have closed the SD panel with either the "X" or "re-clicking" on the SD hot spot.Regards,Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

You should be able to close the SD window by simply clicking on it in this case. I thought you were asking about the 2D window view. When in VC view, I use a keycommand to open up the switch panel only and use the VC as intended to look over at the SD DU... like Leffe, I'm not sure why you have this problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello:After opening the SD, where both the panel and the window open, I am unable to close the window when I close the SD panel. I close it by clicking the "X" on the upper left corner, or by left clicking the icon on the main panel. When I do that, the panel itself closes but the window always remains open.I can only close the window by right clicking on the window and choosing the FS "close window" command.Is there a way where both the panel and window will close at the same time?I have read the manual and have searched the forum without success.Thanks for any advice.Roberto
Roberto,The closing behavior of the windows that open when you press the SD clickspot depends on the state of the "do not close windows automatically" option as set from the PMDG menu. If this option is not active then all windows will close when you press again the SD click-spot.If this option is active the SD display will not close automatically, because if you have it undocked and placed on a second monitor you will not want it to close everytime you toggle the SDCP panel. In this case you can use the clickspot at the middle of the bottom part of the SD frame SD to close it.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thank you Dan and Leif for helping. Michael ... perfect! Works like a charm.You learn something every day! Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada