Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Photo's from Sat. Practice

Here's a couple of screenies from Saturdays practice. An animated GIF with Bry & I waiting for departure @MYAS as Mike comes in in a P-51. The single shot is myself (as wing) passing Bry on our way to KMXR. The aircraft are aliased to the closest model, not submodel or paint.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

That animated GIF is so cool, Roman. I wish I could get the Bearcat to work in FSX because it's such a thumper. It installs and flys okay, but at night the glass texture fogs up, so it can't be used much in the race. Maybe someone knows how to fix the textures?

Mike Beckwith

That animated GIF is so cool, Roman. I wish I could get the Bearcat to work in FSX because it's such a thumper. It installs and flys okay, but at night the glass texture fogs up, so it can't be used much in the race. Maybe someone knows how to fix the textures?
I've read somewhere that using textures from vcrain.zip cures this problem. Not tried it myself yet but you can find the file here in the Avsim file library

Harv.png?dl=1

I've read somewhere that using textures from vcrain.zip cures this problem. Not tried it myself yet but you can find the file here in the Avsim file library
I've got the vcrain.zip textures installed and they're perfect for a lot of FS9 imports whose glass fogs up in the rain. But the problem with the Bearcat is when it gets dark. The glass fogs up when the sun goes down. Another FSX mystery to solve, unfortunately!

Mike Beckwith

Yes it's a good bird, what happens in FS9, looking out the side at night ( canopy open ) is dark, close it, and the world brightens a-bit. I'll talk to a fellow avsim dude to figure what's goin on. FS9 on a AMD 1.8 1g mem 3 monitors, 3 cards etc.... So I've tried FSX demo for all of 10 seconds with all sliders to left. NOPE.Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Gary Buska
Yes it's a good bird, what happens in FS9, looking out the side at night ( canopy open ) is dark, close it, and the world brightens a-bit. I'll talk to a fellow avsim dude to figure what's goin on. FS9 on a AMD 1.8 1g mem 3 monitors, 3 cards etc.... So I've tried FSX demo for all of 10 seconds with all sliders to left. NOPE.Roman
In case any of you do not know what is causing this it is the night textures. From what I can remember of my GMAX days there are two types of textures for all planes and buildings one for day and one for night i think the ones for night have a-L at the end of the file name, I am at work right now so I can not verify this.You need to check them out with a good editor. Mind you I am not saying this is a easy fix but it could be. :(