Sign in to follow this  
Aussiecop

FSX default Bell 206? not anymore, releasing soon......

About time someone did a heli. Looks awesome.
Cheers mate, yeah its taken 3 of us a few months to get it to this point.

Well done AC, looking forward to it,Cheers and all the best,

Magnificent work! It is a definite improvement.Is it going to be freeware or payware?
This Jet Ranger looks incredible. Very nice detail on interior. Will it have functional circuit breakers on the overhead? Keith

Keith Guillory

Magnificent work! It is a definite improvement.Is it going to be freeware or payware?
FREEWARE :)Im one of the 3 painter on this project (Gizmo) this was something we decided to do as a learning experience trying out some more advanced repainting tequinces and started as just a single repaint thats was going to be worked on by all 3 painters but after i totally rebuilt the normal map we decided that doing just 1 scheme would be a bit of a waste of all that work & since then its kind snowballed out of hand somewhat ;)paints in this package will inc completely rebuilt (from blank) normal mapscustom reflection/spec mappingSHD 4096x4096 diffusion mapsCustom VC (almost all retexture apart from some areas that have bad UV mapping)As a personal side project i also have another 4 schemes in the pipeline (thumbnail link to larger images so i dont flood the board like my co dev ryan did above!)th_HD_EXP.jpgth_VH-AGL.jpgth_D-HMOT.jpgonce these are complete i'll look at building a MASTER paintkit that other repainters can use to take advantage of these extra details Im sure the first thing that jumps into ppl mind on seeing such detailed/highres repaints is "what about the FPS hit?" Well i run a C2D@3.05Ghz on vista x64 with 4Gb ram and an HD4870 512mb sataII HDD and i see no hit in frame rate when loading the default bell and swaping to one on my HD schemes,so i guess if you have a mid-high end well maintained system running a gfx card with atleast 512mb i dout you'll see any hit at allThanks for the kind works and feedback sofar we all hope that you enjoy using this project as much as we enjoyed making it :) & if it can get some 3rd party payware dev's to improve there texturing and over all lighting effects for FSX aircraft then all the better :)LatersGizmo

Just to back up on what Gizmo was elaborating on about FPS hits. I have about half the system he does, a T5550 1.83 GHz 3gb ram laptop and one of the beta testers has an even slower system than me and also reports zero FPS drop flying this model. I am also working on extra paints for a second release, so there will be plenty of extra initial paints for this shortly after release. G'day Tim, thought I better start making appearances in other places and diversify! and yeah Giz, I havent mastered the subtle small pic "click to enlarge" aspect yet :)

Guest evanxmcr

when is this coming out this sounds amazing?

We are on short finals so you know. We are waiting on one other scheme from one of the painters and finalising the manual and installer. Should be within 7 days max, look out for a preview video in the next few days. :)

We are on short finals so you know. We are waiting on one other scheme from one of the painters and finalising the manual and installer. Should be within 7 days max, look out for a preview video in the next few days. :)
So, is this purely a visual rework of the stock 206? IOW, has the flight model been tweaked?I personally don't care much how an FSX add-on looks, if it flies just like the default aircraft. Your 206 does LOOK nice. but you used the term "full rework" which in my book involves more than eye candy.Or - more to the point - I'd pay for an FSX helicopter that has realistic flight model features such as autorotation, settling with power, LTE, etc. AFAIK only the Dodosim folks have come close to these things, and they haven't yet released an FSX version of their FS9 product. Are you trying to address the flight model?Dave B

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack