Sign in to follow this  
Aussiecop

FSX default Bell 206? not anymore, releasing soon......

So, is this purely a visual rework of the stock 206? IOW, has the flight model been tweaked?I personally don't care much how an FSX add-on looks, if it flies just like the default aircraft. Your 206 does LOOK nice. but you used the term "full rework" which in my book involves more than eye candy.Or - more to the point - I'd pay for an FSX helicopter that has realistic flight model features such as autorotation, settling with power, LTE, etc. AFAIK only the Dodosim folks have come close to these things, and they haven't yet released an FSX version of their FS9 product. Are you trying to address the flight model?Dave B
Dave, At this point yes it is purely a graphic rework, I personally fly the Bell 206L in RL and the dynamics are pretty good for a default on the 206, an Auto in a bell you can cruise to the ground at about 60 knots. This one actually drops faster than in RL.

Heads up guys, the final RTM beta of the installer went out to the beta testers a few hours ago, once the results are in, providing no final bugs are found we should be good to launch the download in the next 24 hours.

Heads up guys, the final RTM beta of the installer went out to the beta testers a few hours ago, once the results are in, providing no final bugs are found we should be good to launch the download in the next 24 hours.
Excellent! Thanks for the update.Since switching to FSX (and liking it!), I've been flying helicopters much more than I did with FS9.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Excellent! Thanks for the update.Since switching to FSX (and liking it!), I've been flying helicopters much more than I did with FS9.
I have taken a greater liking of helicopters in FSX than in FS9. There is still not too much in life that I have been able to compare to than the rush of transitioning a real 206 from hover to forward flight. I am looking forward to this one.Thanks!

Keith Guillory

Good stuff AC, some good old Aussie knowhow comming to the fore...Cheers and all the best with it,

Guest jedtcat

Wow, you guys rock. Can't wait to get these. Nice pics.

Guest ThrottleUp

Aussiecop you are the helo-restoration master! Thank you for this wonderful work :( Hovertaxi Pad 1 :(

Cheers all, but I am just one part of the team, there are 3 of us that put this together, well as with all great projects we hit a snag on the installer side and we have to wait for input from someone who is not available over the weekend so unfortunately you will have to salivate till at least Monday guys, sorry for the delay but it was unavoidable, we want to make the installer as painless as possible and we were offered a life line that will make our installer fully automated with no need to mess with a .cfg entry. That being said though we already have a backup installer ready to rock if we cant get it ironed out relatively quickly.Cheers

Any chance of releasing your manual install version now :)Most of us here are content editing configs and manually copying files as needed,in fact many of us would rather do it that way to keep control of things...Just a thought your previews look great!

Guest ThrottleUp

An installer...woot!! :)Cant wait!! Hey Aussiecop the Hover Control people must be beside themselves with this huh :(

Nice Ride.....Great job!!

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Yeah the Hovercontrol folks are as happy as larks, If all else fails we will have the manual installer up by Monday latest, we just cant get the download page up tiill then, less than 48 hours though guys not too long.Cheers