Sign in to follow this  
wana

Long houl flight with pressure problem

Hi guys here, the following problem may not lie in the AS, but I do need help,thanx!Problem is: long flight (ie: EFHK-VHHH) setup with PMDG plane, AS6.5(online mode with other settings defaulted), FSUIPC 3.85 with default setting. 1-2 hours after take off, the FS will load something with a progress bar indicating the FS loading scenery and somthing else just like the way it does after you click the "Fly now". After this, you will see a overspeed airplane and wrong altitude displayed .So,with MD-11, the PROF and FMS SPD mode disengaged and leave my plane just under the overspeed red tape and a FL like 37080. Damn it! I think during FS's loading something changed the ambiant barometer pressure quite a lot that leads to a overspeed and different altitude displayed, But actually this is a level off and constant speed cruizing airplane.I check the FS weather, "USER DEFINED"--no problem. The enroute weather parameters are definetely from AS, but why, why after the above mentioned FS loading, the pressure will change this much. More amazing, after this loading and AS refreshing, every thing will be back to normal but waiting for the next FS loading that ruin my autopilot again. I tried to delete the FS9.CFG to establish a clean one and reset all the setting relavent to default, but the problem is still there. Could somebody help? Many thanx!My cfg: Windows Vista Utimate+FS2004+FSINN(FSINN weather inhabited)+AS6.5+PMDG(MD-11/744/737NG)

Hi,Are you using a Time program like FS Real Time? Are you using the time sync. option in FSUIPC?Thanks,

Hi,Are you using a Time program like FS Real Time? Are you using the time sync. option in FSUIPC?Thanks,
No time sync in fsuipc and sync the time using FSINN. The time sync make that happen or I should disable the FSINN time sync?Thanx!

Hi,It's the time sync. that is causing this to happen! Turn it off and I'll bet this goes away!!

Hi,It's the time sync. that is causing this to happen! Turn it off and I'll bet this goes away!!
Thank you Jim for your timely reply. I try to disable the time sync but the pb is still there. I think when FS makes enroute loading during my long range fight( FS Global 2008 and some other Add-On sceneries installed and with full effect, so every one or two hrs FS will load scenery files of current acft locaion or something ), wx data from closest wx station will aslo be loaded just like you enter the game with the "FLY NOW".This might be predefined by MS and the FS will do it regardless the fact that the current wx is handled and filtered by ASV6(local range suppression? ) which means the current one may defer from the closest wx and the stupid FS will just load the closest one.If this is right, all I should to do is to ensure the fs always provided wx data by the closest wx station.Am I right? I dont know whether the local suppression is the "culprit" in my case and whether should I enable the Global Writting or something to solve this heat ached pb?I know few about the philosopy of the wx engine and how AS works, So, pls do hlp to advise me a proper setting that will ensure the FS enroute loading of closest wx data is identical with my enroute wx data(primary the pressure) proviede by the lovely AS V6.5.Thank you for your great hlp!Anning Wong

Hi,You really need to figure out what is causing the reloading of scenery in FS. It's not AS as I just did a 9 hour trans oceanic flight.Thanks,

Hi,You really need to figure out what is causing the reloading of scenery in FS. It's not AS as I just did a 9 hour trans oceanic flight.Thanks,
Thank you Jim, you can say it again and I am checking FS settings one by one with my friends.Hope this works.

Hi, Jim. Finally I find that everytime my plane enters a new time zone, the FS will load scenery,terrain,traffic, etc.(no time sync ha~) Just this loading makes the game actually paused(not really pause but I think my plane hangs up there as the FS loading) and during the loading IAS and altitude displays jumped. One of my friends reports the same loading to me who is also a oceanic flight love like us and the other two report NEVER entounted any enroute loadings during their trip from EGLL to VHHH. Now, it is toatally confused to me that whether the loading is abnormal or not and why the instruments would trembling during the loading and after that loading everything seems all right excepted a disengaged FMC SPD and PROF mode.(I fly MD-11). I check all the settings of FS even the FS.CFG with the one from my friends, nothing could be found. Continues my head ache~~~~

Hi,And you are sure you don't have any type of Time Zone software for FS installed? Even crossing the USA would result in 3 reloads.Thanks,

Hi,And you are sure you don't have any type of Time Zone software for FS installed? Even crossing the USA would result in 3 reloads.Thanks,
Hi, Jim! With all of my appreciation for you, I write this reply and want to tell you that the pb is settled, at least so far.With the clue from you, I noticed that my pb is possiblely caused by the time zone bug of FS, the bug is severer in China, Japan, Australia where I often visit. I can tell you that with default time zone of FS, RJFF, fukuka of Japan is +8 where should be +9,and my FS just makes the GMT+1 but not Local time +1 when I cross the tz boundary that makes my reported reloading of scenery files.Yes, I am sure of no tz add-ons installed before I am sure that the bug is the real culprit! You mentioned FS Real Time and I decide to have a try. Ok, this time, from Jakarta (+7) to Hong kong(+8), I can't tell how happy I was when I saw a smooth tz transition under the control of FS RT without the bothering reloading and of course with a engaged VNAV mode! So, any way, I wanna say thank you very much Jim and tonight I will make a Shanghai to Vancouver using my favourite MD-11(auto step climb that let me sleep:)). Regards, Anning.:)