Sign in to follow this  
smokeyupahead

automatic view change...how to do?

Hi guys!Is there a way to have an automatic view change from the virtual cockpit to the 2d one at 100 feet agl,just before touchdown?The reason is that I fly with track IR but I find it quite hard to flare correctly while everything around me is shaking to much.That's why I would like the 2d panel to show at around 100 feet for better flare and touchdown.Thanks,David

Hi guys!Is there a way to have an automatic view change from the virtual cockpit to the 2d one at 100 feet agl,just before touchdown?The reason is that I fly with track IR but I find it quite hard to flare correctly while everything around me is shaking to much.That's why I would like the 2d panel to show at around 100 feet for better flare and touchdown.Thanks,David
Hi David!You should use a key "PAUSE" for TrackIR. Then it freeze that view you have choosen.I always fly with TrackIR and have the pause key on the mouse wheel(PRESS) and the ZOOM on my mouse wheel, using SCROLL. Have to say that I also have Active Camera installed, therefore I can zoom in a convinient way.I freeze the view, by pausing and zooming TrackIR to this view, when landing. (see pics)/ Leffe :(

Guest fencer88
Hi David, Same as Leffe, except that I have both track IR "pause" and "center view" keys on my joystick - as well as a few fixed "active camera" views I can swich to whenever track IR is paused. For example on the 737NG, I have one fixed active camera view showing runway, PFD and ND with part of the EFIS and MCP and another - slightly oblique - view showing runway/PFD/ND and MFD with most of the MCP). It might seem like a waste or precious joystick button assignments but I find it is very convenient as it allows me to fly from the VC almost permanently without loosing situation awareness - and without "chasing" the right view with track IR when it is critical to concentrate on flying. Bruno

Hi guys and thanks!Well I also have active camera so I will try the zooming and I'm aware of the pause feature in the track ir software ,but I did read a long time ago in who knows which forum that you could actually have the views to change automatically by editing the aircraft cfg file somewhere...I will try your suggestions maybe that's all I'll need...Thanks again for your help!David

Hi guys and thanks!Well I also have active camera so I will try the zooming and I'm aware of the pause feature in the track ir software ,but I did read a long time ago in who knows which forum that you could actually have the views to change automatically by editing the aircraft cfg file somewhere...I will try your suggestions maybe that's all I'll need...Thanks again for your help!David
Haven't heard about an automatic view?...(Don't think real pilots have an automatic view, guess they decide themself if they wanna look or not.) :( Since you have Active Camera also, you could install the "acv" view made by PMDG provided with the MD11. Just press Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2.........I think Ctrl+1 is what you are looking for when landing.However those views, must be installed every time you start a new flight/ Leffe

Haven't heard about an automatic view?...(Don't think real pilots have an automatic view, guess they decide themself if they wanna look or not.) :( Since you have Active Camera also, you could install the "acv" view made by PMDG provided with the MD11. Just press Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2.........I think Ctrl+1 is what you are looking for when landing.However those views, must be installed every time you start a new flight/ LeffeThanks but I don't have the MD-11 yet,I fly the 747 so I'm wondering if PMDG has this "acv" file for this aircraft as well?...By the way I tried to pause track ir on final and it was quite smooth this time,thanks again!David

Thanks but I don't have the MD-11 yet,I fly the 747 so I'm wondering if PMDG has this "acv" file for this aircraft as well?...David
They should be in your FS Root folder. There are 2, one with real view "RL" and one made for FS view.I think the FS view is best though in a 2D environment. If you don

Guest fencer88
They should be in your FS Root folder. There are 2, one with real view "RL" and one made for FS view.I think the FS view is best though in a 2D environment. If you don

Wow that sounds interesting!Thank you for the pointers guys..,did not know active camera could do that?!?!...Thanks again,David