Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

FS9 Opens in Full Screen

Guest melf12

After a complete reformat of my PC I'm having a problem with FS9 opening in Full Screen. I am using the Nvidia 7600 GS Graphic Card with the latest Update 181.22 (just over a week old). I done the usual things such as deleteing the fs9.cfg file and, after letting it rebuild itself, using a saved .cfg from before the the reformat, and checking the Graphic Card Settings. Nothing works.Desperate situation now, any help would be appreciatedKen

After a complete reformat of my PC I'm having a problem with FS9 opening in Full Screen. I am using the Nvidia 7600 GS Graphic Card with the latest Update 181.22 (just over a week old). I done the usual things such as deleteing the fs9.cfg file and, after letting it rebuild itself, using a saved .cfg from before the the reformat, and checking the Graphic Card Settings. Nothing works.Desperate situation now, any help would be appreciatedKen
Have you tried starting FS9, then pressing the "alt+enter" keys to go into windowed mode, then closig FS9. Next time it should start in windowed mode. By default, FS9 starts in full screen after installing.You could also check your fs9.cfg and ensure it looks like this:[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LOADSIM=1LOADWINDOW=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=[GRAPHICS]FULL_SCREEN=0 <------------------------ This line should be a zeroRJ

Guest melf12
Have you tried starting FS9, then pressing the "alt+enter" keys to go into windowed mode, then closig FS9. Next time it should start in windowed mode. By default, FS9 starts in full screen after installing.You could also check your fs9.cfg and ensure it looks like this:[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LOADSIM=1LOADWINDOW=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=[GRAPHICS]FULL_SCREEN=0 <------------------------ This line should be a zeroRJ

Also Right click on the shortcut on your Desktop which starts FS2004.Select Properties - here you specify if you wish the program to start in a minimized, normal or maximized screen.Hope that helps. :(

Guest melf12

Hello RJ,Worked like a charm. I altered the fs9.cfg as you suggested.Many thanks for your help and quick reply.Best regards,Ken

Also Right click on the shortcut on your Desktop which starts FS2004.Select Properties - here you specify if you wish the program to start in a minimized, normal or maximized screen.Hope that helps. :(
Hello RJ,Worked like a charm. I altered the fs9.cfg as you suggested.Many thanks for your help and quick reply.Best regards,Ken

Guest melf12

Hi David,Thank you for your reply; RJ just 'pipped' by a short head :( But, I'm now about to add a 'languade.dll', modified as suggested by your good self. Thank you for that also.Ken