Sign in to follow this  
wbrand

Heads Up - Poznan Lawica EPPO Scenery

Couldn't find it mentioned on this forum, but over fifteen hundred people have downloaded it on the first day. Excellent lighting, objects (both at the airport and in the approach path over the city), and seasonal textures. Can't remember any winter textures as good as the ones around the runways and apron. You can see exactly where the snow plows and guys with brooms have been at work. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=134041Scenery by Mateusz Stabryla / MK studios. Note that the AF2 file is a separate download designated as "AFCAD fix."With the great Salzburg, Klagenfurt, and Linz sceneries released over the last couple of years, not to mention some of the Czech stuff, short hops around Central Europe are becoming increasingly attractive in FS. Especially since you can usually count on interesting winter weather. Bill

Couldn't find it mentioned on this forum, but over fifteen hundred people have downloaded it on the first day. Excellent lighting, objects (both at the airport and in the approach path over the city), and seasonal textures. Can't remember any winter textures as good as the ones around the runways and apron. You can see exactly where the snow plows and guys with brooms have been at work. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=134041Scenery by Mateusz Stabryla / MK studios. Note that the AF2 file is a separate download designated as "AFCAD fix."With the great Salzburg, Klagenfurt, and Linz sceneries released over the last couple of years, not to mention some of the Czech stuff, short hops around Central Europe are becoming increasingly attractive in FS. Especially since you can usually count on interesting winter weather. Bill
Bardzo cie dziekuje za to! Which is Polish for "thanks a lot for that"Can't download at the moment as it appears the library is overloaded. No panic though, it'll be there later.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks for the heads up, if it's anything like the Gdansk scenery, I'll be enjoying it very much, I prefer the secondary and smaller airports to the big hubs. Now, off to get the charts!

Thanks for the heads up, if it's anything like the Gdansk scenery, I'll be enjoying it very much, I prefer the secondary and smaller airports to the big hubs. Now, off to get the charts!
OnurHere's a good place for Polish charts.Still can't download EPPO :(

Gavin Barbara

Hi Gavin,Thanks but I think you forgot the link :( Maybe links to other sites don't appear anymore. It's possible to find very good charts on the Polish VACC site if that's the one you meant.BTW, I also had some difficulty with the download, heavy network traffic I guess. I just took a look at it, AWESOME!

Hi Gavin,Thanks but I think you forgot the link :( Maybe links to other sites don't appear anymore. It's possible to find very good charts on the Polish VACC site if that's the one you meant.BTW, I also had some difficulty with the download, heavy network traffic I guess. I just took a look at it, AWESOME!
What an idiot I am! Yes it was the Polish VACC site I meant - good that you are smarter than me :(

Gavin Barbara

I downloaded this scenery, but didn't install it yet. I will be checking it out later.The is another good looking scenery added to the library today. Grantley Adams International Airport (Barbados) made by Max Kraus. From the screenshots it looks like a good scenery. I am downloading it now. The file name is tbpb_v1.zip (70459kb)

Hmm...I had a look at it, has a landclass scenery folder with a texture folder, pretty sure it's a recipe for a memory leak. Anyone installed and tested it yet?

Hmm...I had a look at it, has a landclass scenery folder with a texture folder, pretty sure it's a recipe for a memory leak. Anyone installed and tested it yet?
Mack, the word is "spoko." The recipe for a memory leak is a folder with landclass files in the "scenery" subfolder accompanied by an empty "texture" subfolder. That's not the case here. In the "LC" part of this new Poznan scenery, the "texture" subfolder contains 20 megabytes of seasonal photoreal ground textures, and the autogen files that go with them. In the "scenery" subfolder there's a single .bgl file, and I assume that the .bgl is responsible for placing all the textures and autogen.I'm no scenery expert but I recall from the great memory leak affair of some years ago that, at the risk of repeating myself, the problem arises when you've got landclass files in a scenery subfolder, and an empty texture subfolder beside them. I don't think that a texture subfolder is a danger if it's not empty.In any case, I used the new Poznan scenery for a very enjoyable hour or so several days ago and didn't encounter any problems. Hope that you are also able to install it and use it successfully.Bill

I have been flying in and out for 2 days, no problems whatsoever. I must say that I was expecting it to be harsh on frames, no at all, very fluid (my simming system is a med-high laptop) . I'm impressed by the level of detail, snow piled up against taxiway signs...WOW! :(

I'm no scenery expert but I recall from the great memory leak affair of some years ago that, at the risk of repeating myself, the problem arises when you've got landclass files in a scenery subfolder, and an empty texture subfolder beside them. I don't think that a texture subfolder is a danger if it's not empty.Bill
Yeah, I know about that, however the consensus in some forums that I have read has seemed to have shifted towards the view that any texture folder with a LC scenery folder, regardless of it being empty or not, may pose a risk. No matter, since no one is reporting anything unusual, I guess everything's fine then :) Thanks :)

Hasn't anyone noticed that the textures are missing mipmaps?! The whole scenery was shimmering like crazy when I tried it at first, but it was easily fixed using imagetool.After this it certainly looks very impressive, good work guys, but please correct the textures.Also, the distance the airport is visible seems very short. The photoscenery is visible, but the airport is just a green square a from a short distance away and then "pops" into view.

Also, the distance the airport is visible seems very short. The photoscenery is visible, but the airport is just a green square a from a short distance away and then "pops" into view.
This is the case with many freeware sceneries. Yep, I also noticed the shimmering but it doesn't bother me.

The whole scenery was shimmering like crazy when I tried it at first, but it was easily fixed using imagetool.
I have a terrible shimmering problem. What's this imagetool method you describe? I'll see if Google can help me find out as well.

Gavin Barbara

Imagetool is a small utility that can batch-convert between different graphics formats.Download it, it's just one small .exe file.Then place it in the texture folder, in this case EPPO2009/texture.Open a DOS window and navigate to the same texture folder.Make a backup of the texture folder first if you are unsure of what you're doing.I used the following command:imagetool -dxt3 -mip -alpha -batch *.bmpThat should start the convertion process and it will turn all bitmaps into dxt3 format WITH mipmaps and allows for alpha channels as well.You end up with a lot of .mip files after this, so I delete all .bmp first (the old ones) with: del *.bmpThen rename the .mip to .bmp with: ren *.mip *.bmpHope you understand and good luck.