Sign in to follow this  
Andrea1

some new failures

Hi to all,It would be nice (thanks to the good failure generator of the B744) in a future upgrade patch to have some new failures added like:- the possibility of a rapid cabin depressurization (and also the fact that opening the doors cabin should be depresurizing at once now nothing happens when you open a door);-the possibility of controls failures like:jammed stabilizer, flaps/slats partial extended/blocked etc;a most realistic flaps primary failure in case of two or three hydraulic system failures;some landing gear issues like: nosegear not down or locked etc;some engine problem by birdstrike etc.Would do you think about my ideas I think that only this wonderful PMDG staff could realize them :( CiaoAndrea - Como (25 miles from G.Clooney Italian house) -I

I opened a door during beta and found the cabin depressurized in the MD11.... I just caught that you were talking about the 747, so I will just add that these are good suggestions for the next platform (737NGX).

Dan Downs KCRP

You great! !CiaoAndrea

I opened a door during beta and found the cabin depressurized in the MD11.... I just caught that you were talking about the 747, so I will just add that these are good suggestions for the next platform (737NGX).

i do remember before the MD11 was released when PMDG had some preview screenshots in the MD11 section, that 1 brake was overheated while another tire was showing 50 psi suggesting that it deflated, that screenshot of the SD showing that seems to have been removed however...

i do remember before the MD11 was released when PMDG had some preview screenshots in the MD11 section, that 1 brake was overheated while another tire was showing 50 psi suggesting that it deflated, that screenshot of the SD showing that seems to have been removed however...
Overheated brakes yes. But I don't remember ever having tyre failures in any of the development versions of the MD-11. That's something I'd love to have in the sim too since Douglas has such a nice voice callout for this event.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Do you have a recording of this event?
Yes we do. I recorded it hoping that one day this type of failure might be possible with the PMDG MD-11.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Keep in mind opening a door in flight is basically impossible because the cabin pressure works to actually hold it in place. Plus you have the force of the air rushing by outside too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,I know that opening a door in flight is quite impossible: I tryied this "trick" for simulating a rapid cabin decompression from the moment I hadn't found this failure in the failure-generator menu.My corect question could be:Any chanche in some future B744 patch to have added a "cabin pressure" failure (requiring an emergengy descent) to our already "superb" 744 and from the moment I'm talwing with a staff member: any chenche to have also some controls failure (i.e. jammed stabilizer, blocked flaps ecc: see my previous message)Best RegardsCiao :( Andrea

Keep in mind opening a door in flight is basically impossible because the cabin pressure works to actually hold it in place. Plus you have the force of the air rushing by outside too.