Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

scenery cache?

can anyone shed some light? i get this error when i fly in southern british columbia and northern wash state.i checked my scen .cfg and all is in numerical order.

Guest kilo_sierra17

I don't have much help for you but that cannot be good :-lol. It looks like it saying the Texture directory is missing :-eek. There's gotta be someone here that will have a solution for you.

i know this is bizzare!! i dont get this in any other area, and i have full textures elsewhere in the world with no problems.I even tried doing a full reinstall and still same problem.i think im going to try removing addon scenery one by one again,since i did a full install. thanks for the reply though! im open to any suggestions if you got anymore!! thanks jeff

Hi there,it looks like something is filling up your memory, so that previously cached files are flushed out. The culprit is not necessarily any add-on scenery, but could very likely be corrupted navdata. Which aircraft are you using, and do you have navigation tools such as FSNav etc.? I had a similar problem with PIC and the solution was to delete all navdata, especially SIDs, Stars, saved flightplans and approaches, and then start with a fresh set of data.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

hi gosta i just reinstalled fsim and renamed the old one fs200.org and compared the files and you were right about the nav data.i also had a world .vis file left behind im running fsim now and doing the circuit around the area and so far nothing has happened. thanks for the info.i even managed to fix my smoke effect problem, only had smoke available during a solid overcast or rain.im now a happy simmer ha!ha! thanks again jeff

I cannot pull up your image, but I had exactly the same trouble in the same area, I have several scenery.cfg's, it did not occur with the pure default one but did occur with my north america one. I eventually traced the problem to having two land class files covering the area, one was the final Tyme beta one which covered the whole of the States and the Hill one for the Pacific NW. I went to the previous Tyme version beta version, which did not include the western states, and the problem disappeared.NigelVancouver