Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

FS Real-Time causing weather update problems?

PIC, PSS 320. FS METEO , SCOMBO, ....AI Bridge,Clock, Squawkbox, take place a small number of times not something to be distressed of but still ... on the approach into KJFK and KBOS as well as KLax twice the winds got jammed raging at 80knots or so and same as all of you gentleman

wow...i too have experienced this same problem just recently while using version 1.7 of active sky. Im also using the latest version of fsuipc.I tried shutting down the sim and restarting from scratch but no matter what i did the surface winds would not update just like you all have said and i would end up landing with winds aloft instead...no matter how many times i shut down and restrat the sim.THEN i tried it with FSMETEO (same flight and time) and had no problem...ive been blaming this on activesky since it seems to be the only weather program that causes the prob for me...i also use Weather Center with no probs.You guys might wanna post what version of fsmeteo and fsuipc and/or active sky you are using when this happens...perhaps its an fsuipc issue?...since it seems to be happening with different weather programs and planes.I've had no prob with fsmeteo 5.1 and fsuipc 2.975...also no prob with weather center latest versionOnly had probs with activesky 1.7Oh yea...and i wasnt using the real time program when this prob occurs...i DO have it installed, but i wasnt using it at all....if its not fsuipc them maybe its a file that the real time program installs on our systems??Dave

Hi Bob, looks to me that the only thing we all have in common is FSUIPC. What version # is everyone using? I've only started having this problem over the last couple of weeks. I think I've done an update during that time.

Hi Guys,I too am using FSUIPC 2.975. Got a note from Pete Dowson this morning and he says he can't understand what would be causing this hang either. The downside to his note was that he is so busy working on FSUIPC for FS2004COF, that he won't have time to do any debug on this little problem.I have only had this happen once so far with Active Sky beta version 1.8RC2, but very stange. I will check with Marc again on this from FSMeteo.CheersBob

Yep. It updates automatically, and FS RealTime recognizes the update. I'm told that if you reload the aircraft you're flying, it will reset the winds.

BobK

Me too, 2.975. Anyone with a different version? I can't remember what features were added to the latest version but I may be willing to revert back to a previous one if it stops the hang-ups. I'll have to do some reading of the DOCS and see what will be affected by going back.

Hi Guys,Here's what I've learned: This has always been an issue with FS2002 that is unrelated to any add-on. It can happen with stock FS2002 real weather. Pete has called this a "wind cache problem" in the past. Apparently reloading your aircraft will clear it. I have yet to experience this in any of my flights with FS2002 but I get a new report about once a week. I am sure its safe to say it is not related to wxRE, FSMETEO, FSRealTime or FSUIPC. We HAVE had problems of FSRealTime and/or ADVDISP causing some problems but this is a different issue (where ALL wx updates fail, not just winds). In this case disabling FSRealTime/ADVDISP has solved the user's problem - and there have only been about 3 reports of this.I am not sure anything can be done about it unfortunately - MS won't be releasing an FS2002 patches. Hopefully ACOF will make this go away!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest DWillens

Anyone ever figure this out? I know I am late to this thread, but I never had this problem until a few months ago. I use FSMETEO and FSUPIC 2.972. I do NOT use FS Real-time. I have a LOT of winds aloft hangs where I am stuck with 100kt winds all the way down to the surface.I have used this same combination of programs for at least a year now with no problems. Why all of a sudden? The only thing I have changed is FSUPIC and perhaps my video card driver.Oh, by the way, I also use PIC767 exclusively. But again, I have been using this combination for years with no problems.This is very frustrating as it seems to happen to me often especially on international flight.