Sign in to follow this  
sddjd

Black Displays in 747X, Vista64

I recently moved from Vista to Vista x64. I successfully reinstalled my copy of the 747X. Validation was successful.When loading the aircraft in FSX I see black areas where the PFD's should be (see attached). In the 2D cockpit no clickspots are active. However, in VC mode the clickspots are active, but no gauges. In VC mode the objects do not respond (dials, buttons, etc). Also, no external animations operate (nose gear is locked at approx 80 degrees, no spoilers, etc).Prior to posting I have:Completely removed and reinstalled the 747XReviewed my fsx.dll file against the PMDG Ops instructionsRestarted and reloaded FSX and the aircraft several timesI've read similar posts possibly pointing to a validation issue (note that the install indicated a successful validation). Of note (I think) is the fact that no "countdown" is present at first load of the aircraft. This WAS present under my previous 32-bit Vista installation. The support forum posts lean further towards this indicating a validation issue, but I'd like to know if anyone's solved this on their own. Any help is appreciated; I'd like to continue on and reinstall my MD-11X as well, but don't wish to compound the problem. Thanks all,Dan D.System Info:Vista 64-bit, 8GB RAM, C2Duo 2.93Geforce 8800GTXoc (768mb RAM)OS installed on 10k 75gbFSX installed on 10k 150gb (separate physical drive)

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

As a follow-up to anyone else who experiences this issue w/Vista 64, Paul from PMDG support was kind enough to offer the following link as part of a solution:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=enMy issue resulted from missing the 64-bit Visual C++ redist file. After completely removing the 747x, confirming correct fsx.dll file structure, and installing the Visual C++ package I reinstalled the product. The "countdown" then appeared correctly and all is flying well. Thanks again Paul G.Dan D.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Thanks, Dan, for posting the fix to your problem... the second pic you posted no way looked like validation problem. Good to know this one.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi all. I am having the same problem as well. But I am with Vista 32 bit. I also installed the Visuall C++ package as part of the initial installation. My problem still persists tho. I have tried all the suggestions on here but nothing seems to work.Please help anyone.RegardsP

I suggest you email pmdg support. Make sure you get an autoreply; otherwise, they didn't get your message.

Dan Downs KCRP

I suggest you email pmdg support. Make sure you get an autoreply; otherwise, they didn't get your message.I suggest you email pmdg support. Make sure you get an autoreply; otherwise, they didn't get your message.

Dan Downs KCRP

Not to worry..I fixed the problem myself. Needed to be run as administrator.