Sign in to follow this  
fushi

Tutorial 1

Captain,When and how should the External Powers be disengaged ?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Kan-ichiro,no need to do so. On a real flight EXT power would be removed at some point prior pushback. Since there's no ground crew around for this in MSFS EXT PWR will be considered disconnected automatically when pushback starts.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Dear Markus,Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand.However, the EXT PWR has been disconected not before but after pushbuck starts on the Tutorial 1.EXTPWRON.jpgEXTPWROFF.jpgSincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Dear Markus,Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand.However, the EXT PWR has been disconected not before but after pushbuck starts on the Tutorial 1.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Didn't Markus said that too?:(...."Since there's no ground crew around for this in MSFS EXT PWR will be considered disconnected automatically when pushback starts". / Leffe

Dear Markus,Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand.However, the EXT PWR has been disconected not before but after pushbuck starts on the Tutorial 1.
AFAIK EXT PWR isn't disconnected in the Tutorial at all: there is no mention of it, not before or after pushback. AFAIK when you turn on the APU the system automatically EXT PWR is a thing of the past and you may forget about it. When you start the pushback you can regard the EXT PWR as being disconnected automatically.

I just thought we would be in trouble without disconnecting external power before pushback starts.After pushback starts,after.jpgPushback further goes on,furth.jpgI will turn off the EXT PWR switches manually after APU starts or before pushback starts. I cannot imagine the scene of trailling power cables. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

I will turn off the EXT PWR switches manually after APU starts or before pushback starts. I cannot imagine the scene of trailling power cables. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
That's what I do. Ater the APU is running and connected, I disconnect Gnd Pwr and air via the FMC shortcuts.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

That's what I do. Ater the APU is running and connected, I disconnect Gnd Pwr and air via the FMC shortcuts.
I have also tried it, the FMC shortcuts is good. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Nice. I've added this to my routine too. I never really thought about this, but it adds to the immersion and realism. Thanks for the tip.

Doesn't the voice of the Ground guy say something like "Doors closed, external connections removed, Release Parking brake please captain..." suggesting that the ground guys remove the external connections as part of their pushback procedure?Paul Smith.