Sign in to follow this  
Guest JBSgtBel4

Suggest PMDG A300/A310

Guest JBSgtBel4

Hello All...I suggest the A300/A310... If PMDG wants to get into Airbust I suggest they start there..."Digital Aviation" did a wonderfull Fokker 100 and the MCDU/FMS in it is EXACTLY the same as the A310...The flight manuals are available on smartcockpit.com for the A300/A310...I spent 2 months reading cover to cover the manuals even printed them. The SSW A310 was ok, yeah I still use it, but man does it ever have some quirks in it....I have always said that if you can master the systems of the early airbus your laughing! The A300/A310 would please both the Freight and Pax Guys & Gals...Just my 2 cents!JB

I would have to say that i agree with JB 100% i would love to see a300/a310 professional simulation for fsx ;) and fs9 released its one of those forgotten busses mainly i think due to many pilots (sim world) finding these aircraft to much back to basics and old fashioned navigation :D and not being able to rely on the computed controls of the airbus and much as the new buses.Thanks Paul

Eh, no thanks.I would be interested in virtually anything but an A300/A310 simulation.

Very unlikely guys - we have our plate full with other aircraft.
I know an answer is unlikely, but what are you guys thinking of after the A320?

PMDG should stay as far away from any Airbus project as possible. Two others have spent years on them and one is close to completion. The other is dead in the water. The idea that PMDG can play "catch-up" to this Airbus addon developer is highly doubtful when you consider the work already done. Once a developer has gotten it's head around the Airbus systems, including fly by wire, I see no point in another developer trying the same until it can be proven the first developer doesn't know what they are doing. Even then, CS made the world's worst 707...and NO developer of payware jumped in to fix that eggregious error? So...stick with what you know, PMDG. No, I have no affiliation with this Airbus developer (and it ain't AirlinerXP!!). It's just a simple fact that seeing what they have developed, so far...there is no point in PMDG trying to compete with them on an Airbus, of any model. Move on to something else, PMDG.Do a 757 or 777 in the true, PMDG manner. Since CS has made this huge and ungainly 757, which I will never buy because they so messed up the 707, I would suggest a Boeing 777, done correctly and accurately, as PMDG can do. Victor Buck

I know an answer is unlikely, but what are you guys thinking of after the A320?
Please, let it be a 777 :(

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Guest Tingoose

[or . . . something completely different: Shorts 360 :( Now there's a thought.

Guest pegase
Thanks for the link, Captain ;)I will follow with interest.Obviously, with this MD-11, PMDG did a successfull "blockbuster". Just looking to the IVAE stats page, the MD-11 is now always ammong the 5 most flown planes :( May ben today, such a massive success can only be done with glass cockpits. lot of FS pilots would even get lost without the map display and would get mad with a sperry AP without autothrottle which doesn't even capture the selected altitude (just a beep 1000 fts below/above and up to the pilot to reduce the VS, adjust throttles and stabilize. How many would bother learning how to enter WP by coordinates into a DELCO inertial central?But some others like me just love it. So far I know ONLY ONE old iron reaching the quality standard of PMDG, the Dream fleet B727. And, as I love the 3 engines airliners, here comes the first of my little personal wishlist: the Loockheed L1011 Tristar0181539.jpg1015978.jpg1107593.jpgSee the 3 Delcos, the "steam-gauges" and the amount of maps and written notes all around, another way to fly ;)1316534.jpg

Pierre, I agree...the DF727 is one of my all time favorites to fly. An L-1011...HMMmmmmm. Victor Buck