Sign in to follow this  
Jackie

Throttle

I doubt that plane is pretty much empty that much I know for sure.
Press the speed button and turn up the speed for some min. Then go back and press VNAV again......it usually helps.If not, go to FMC and change to CLIMB for a couple of sec and also Throttle up your joystick the same time./ Leffe

Do you have your joystick throttles set to override the PMDG throttles? It looks like there may be a battle for control whenever the joystick throttle spikes.-stefan

I think the throttle excursions/overspeeds are due to the messed up winds in MSFS. I notice you are flying towards GIPER which if that is one one near KORD then the winds out of the south at 63 kts is totally screwy. Two things, in normal conditions the controls in the VC seem to move more than realistic but more importantly, watch that wind vector when things are happening.I have my FSUIPC set to limit wind/speed variations to 8 seconds per 1 deg/kt, temp/pressure changes are set to one half the default values and all gusts/shifts are inhibited. Do not use wind smoothing in ASX, let FSUIPC handle it.Try a flight with clear wx (no weather) and that will give you something to compare. I've seen MSFS/AFX thow winds out of the SE at me at jetstream strenght, and this will never happen in this part of the world. The MSFS wx engine is more trouble that it is worth, and AFX can only make incremental improvements. Trouble is, ASX will feed wx data to the sim engine but the sim engine will suddenly get a wild hair and go off on a tangent. The FSUIPC smoothing is the only fix I know of.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan, thanks for the info. I will see what I can do in regards to getting better winds. in FSX. I did enable wind smoothing in FSUIPC so I will check my settings and try again.