Sign in to follow this  
Guest simrinsn67

PMDG 747/400 X Aprroach

Guest simrinsn67

Dear PMDG support forum,My name is Simrin and I recently purchased the 747-400X. On short finals from Sydney to Adelaide after gthe lideslope capture the runway was barely visible from the 2D cockpit especially around a 1000ft prior to touch down. At this point the aircraft was on autoland and I usually disconnect the autopilot at approx 700ft before touch down and land the plane manually. I also had fine weather too. At one point I nearly thought I had overshot the runway only to find myself luckily 50ft to spare or I would have crashed short of the runway.I previously have used PMDG 747-400 queen of the skies with microsoft flight simulator 2004 (century of flight) and never had this problem before. The runway was always visible through the 2D cockpit. Did I do something incorrectly. The load manager worked fine, ZFW was entered correctly, everything in pounds and also the FSX is set to pounds too. Flap settings in my view were set correctly, and the VAPP was at 138K, landing gear was locked and air spoilers were armed.Any assistance on this will be great. Would I need to re-set the pitch settings in the CFG file (FSX). kind regardsSimrin Dulat..

Try using shift-enter to move the eyepoint up or shift-backspace to move it down. Try making sure the aircraft is trimmed correctly, your speed is set correctly for the flap configuration too, so that you aren't flying with an excessively nose-up attitude. I find the view much better (especially on approach) when flying in the virtual cockpit, too. That's all I can think of.

I think that you will find that Shift-Q will raise the seat in 2D and Ctrl-Shift-Q will lower it, if I am not mistaken.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest simrinsn67
Try using shift-enter to move the eyepoint up or shift-backspace to move it down. Try making sure the aircraft is trimmed correctly, your speed is set correctly for the flap configuration too, so that you aren't flying with an excessively nose-up attitude. I find the view much better (especially on approach) when flying in the virtual cockpit, too. That's all I can think of.
Mathew thank you for that. Will try it next week when I get a chance.regardsSimrin.. :(
I think that you will find that Shift-Q will raise the seat in 2D and Ctrl-Shift-Q will lower it, if I am not mistaken.Cheers, Richard
Many thanks Richard. I'll try both ours and Mathews suggestion on the next flight. Hope it works. Generally what is the angle of attack 3 degrees???------ out of curiosity.regardsSimrin.. :(

Mathew thank you for that. Will try it next week when I get a chance.regardsSimrin.. :( Many thanks Richard. I'll try both ours and Mathews suggestion on the next flight. Hope it works. Generally what is the angle of attack 3 degrees???------ out of curiosity.regardsSimrin.. :(
You should try the "w" button if you lose sight of the runway, I always use it when I need more visual ref during approaches. And yes, 3 deg is the normal gs approach prof.

Angle of attack is not the same thing as glide slope. I think you really want to know what glideslope to use and that is 3 deg (standard), which is about 318 ft/nm.I use the W key also in the 2D panel. You should be able to handfly the 747 all the way to the ground using LOC/GS indications too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest simrinsn67
Angle of attack is not the same thing as glide slope. I think you really want to know what glideslope to use and that is 3 deg (standard), which is about 318 ft/nm.I use the W key also in the 2D panel. You should be able to handfly the 747 all the way to the ground using LOC/GS indications too.
thanks Dan. I meant glideslope. All the same will try that next week.kind regardsSimrin :(