Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

Falcon 50 - "Full" version - Door closing

Guest RSmith

Great model - light version works great - super panel. So, for a dumb question; seems I can't get the main door closed in the "full" version. I'm selecting the exit with "Shift-E", and notice the "1" key afterwards toggles between "open & close" commands. The "4" key (per the manual" doesn't seem to be active for me. "Light" version is great - lot's to learn with this aircraft (and panel). But I'd like to use the "full" version - if I can get the door closed !Ok, stop laughing...... it's serious !Thanks,Ron KORL(no - I don't want to stay in my C-172 !)P4 2.8GHzATI Pro 9700 128MBAsus P4PE(2) 512MB Kingston PC2700 DDR SDRAMXP Home

Hi Ron,you have to press "L" - then the door will close, open...B.R.Stefan (EDDM)

Guest UweR

A quick glance at the well done manual would have told you the same, by the way...UweR

Guest RSmith

Thank you for the information. Yes, upon my 4th review of the manual, under the virtual interior section, I finially see the door & lights command referencing the "L" switch.Before posting, I had reviewed the "manuual2" application twice, both for flight ops. detail, as well as panel operation. Unable to find the command, I referred to the panel checklist, under "Key Commands" - "General Aircraft Commands" - "Select Exit", I found the Shift-E (1-4) directive, which did not seem to work. I overlooked the "L" directive in the virtual interior section, but my post was only after several reviews of checklists and a review of the sophisticated and nicely laid out manual application.The "L" command is listed on the "Key Commands" checklist as the typical, all "Lights" on-off, without reference to the door.Thank you again for the assistance.

When you select "panel light" in the falcon 50, the curtain will close in the cabin. POssibly the door also. I think it was that way.... :)------------Fredrik Wold >:-) (Vikings from north)

Guest RSmith

Cool ! Will try that also.What is (initially) so good about this model (imo), are the flight dynamics with the realistic power settings.... It "feels" like a heavier jet - not like the default Lear, which is too "light" handling for my preferences. 1st approaches to KSFO ILS 28R was sort of "eye opening" - pitch & power much different - lot's of fun !Now - need to print out all the panel & system options - very complex aircraft...... for my "old eyes"......