Sign in to follow this  
moggel

VC shadow support?

I realize I'm silly but I have to admit I love the VC shadow effect (in DX10 preview)! :( While it sure could look better without those jagged edges it still gives me a sensation of movement. Are there any add on models supporting this feature?Cheers/Jonas

I haven't tried it as I don't have Vista... but I believe the PMDG MD-11 and 747-400X support VC shadows.

I haven't tried it as I don't have Vista... but I believe the PMDG MD-11 and 747-400X support VC shadows.
Sound good. How about GA add on models? Any of these around that supports VC shadows?Cheers/Jonas

Sound good. How about GA add on models? Any of these around that supports VC shadows?
My understanding is that all of the recent FSX aircraft from Carenado support VC shadows and full DX10 compatability, and they also perform really well (just about as good as the defaults). I've heard nothing but good things about these planes. It seems like, so far, Carenado is the ones to beat in terms of GA for FSX.I did a search yesterday for "DX10" in the Avsim FSX aircraft library, but only came up with two options. Not sure if there is any other freeware that support this.

My understanding is that all of the recent FSX aircraft from Carenado support VC shadows and full DX10 compatability, and they also perform really well (just about as good as the defaults). I've heard nothing but good things about these planes. It seems like, so far, Carenado is the ones to beat in terms of GA for FSX.I did a search yesterday for "DX10" in the Avsim FSX aircraft library, but only came up with two options. Not sure if there is any other freeware that support this.
I realized I own the (full) Carenado Cessna 206II so I headed over to Carenado's web site only to discover "my" model now fully supports FSX, including VC shadows. I also discovered that if I want that I need to buy the model all over again. There's not even an upgrade offer.Can't decide if I wanna reward greediness by sending them more $'s ... :( Anyway, thanks Jimmy!/Jonas