Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

New NHancer and Nvidia drivers

While gathering updates for my FSX-rig yesterday, I noticed a new version of NHancer (v2.4.5) has been recently released. Also, Nvidia has updated the WHQL drivers to v181.22. Although I've installed the new Nhancer version I haven't had a chance to try it yet.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

While gathering updates for my FSX-rig yesterday, I noticed a new version of NHancer (v2.4.5) has been recently released. Also, Nvidia has updated the WHQL drivers to v181.22. Although I've installed the new Nhancer version I haven't had a chance to try it yet.Regards,
I have the new nhancer. To get AA to work in FS9 with 181.22 drivers you apparently need to delete the Flight sim profile that first appears in nhancer, but when I try it says it can;t be deleted.No AA in FS9 therefore.The new Nhancer seems unstable too, compared to old.Anybody else having these problems.

I have recently had to reinstall XP, so I decided to do a complete reinstall of FS9 (and all associated add ons) whilst I was about it.Before the problems, my FS9 was what I would term as acceptable (I had nHancer installed). However, after reinstalation of FS9, I decided to run it just with the settings done in the NVidia control panel. I have to say the results look much better this time round so I don't plan to install nHancer any time soon.It's horses for courses though, what might work for me won't work for others here. I just wanted to show that nHancer isn't the 'must have' that a lot of people say it is.

I have the new enhancer. I use it with both the 181.20 and 181.22 drivers. While I see minimal difference with the drivers I saw a major difference with the visuals using enhancer. With enhancer I can achieve a much better video as opposed to using just the NVidia control panel.

Guest rlashier

With the most recent versions of nHancer, it is no longer necessary to delete the default FS9 profile in order to override its settings.Instead, set the video driver settings in nHancer as suggested by Nick N.'s guidance, for AA, set to Combined, 8xS. When all the settings are set where you want them for the FS9 profile, go to the nHancer Options menu, and select override pre-defined settings. This will allow your newly entered profile settings created with nHancer to overide the nVidia pre-defined profile settings. Then close nHancer and fly.Any time you open nHancer, you have to re-set the override setting in the Options menu, or it will default back to no override.Rich