Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Getting Military Flights To Appear

If you land at an airport that HAS a control tower (case in point PAEI outside Fairbanks, AK) why isn't it listed as an airport flyable to so far as a flightplan with TrafficTools is concerned? I was going to place some C-130 traffic flying out of Eielson AFB down to Edwards AFB in CA. I can't believe that Edwards doesn't have a control tower either...though I know it does.Does this simply mean that MSFS2002 does NOT support miltary flight plans in and out of military installations anywhere? I tried searching for some of the larger bases and upon cross-checking it with the Airports.txt compiled in TrafficTools, none come up.Boooooring!Thanks,Jeff

If you take your friendly AFCAD application, you can create all the communications, parking, and taxi facilities for those military airports. After that is completed, you can use Traffic Tools to assign military aircraft to those bases of your chosing. I recall seeing some AFCAD files for numerous air force bases. Do a little searching in the files library and you will find them.

Guest Kurt

From the Readme for ttoolsv133------------Changes for This ReleaseThe following changes and fixes were made for this version (1.3.3). Files created for previous versions will still work with this version:Fix for duplicate airports from Airport Collector:This was caused by the airport collector collecting airports from some backup facility .bgl files, resulting in some airports being listed twice in the Airports.txt file. This no longer occurs.Compiler crashes on missing field or missing comma:This no longer occurs.Changes for Previous ReleasesThe following changes and fixes were made for version 1.3.2.Airport Collector:An

I agree that running the airport collector is the way to go. Keep the master airports.txt in a safe location so you can always include it for a recompile of traffic.bgl. Discard the airports.txt that comes out of a decompile.I haven't spent alot of time getting AMC AI flights populated, but I do have some traffic through KSUU going out to PHNL, PGUA, RJTY, and KNGU.scott s..