Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rmberunited232

None of my 2D switches work

Hello guys,I have posted this problem in the captain sim forums a couple times and get no feedback from them. I am hoping there is someone out there that has a solution to this problem, but it seems like the people who have the same problem as me just deal with it because they don't know what to do and captain sim won't do crap. So here is the problem: in my 2D panel none of the overhead and autopilot switches work. By this I mean they don't move or operate or make noise at all. I have to go into the VC and click them to change them in 2D. I have the CD version. I installed the same exact product on my friends computer and he does not have the issue at all. So what could it be with mine? We both use FS9.1 with FSUIPC 3.8. Thanks.Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That was a very good idea but unfortunately it didn't work. I have a Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT. The problem is just a wierd problem I have never experienced with any other add on. What beats me is it doesn't happen on my buddies computer when he has the same fs version and service pack. The knobs don't move, I can click the bleed air's and electric stuff but the lights don't go out unless I switch to VC and then back to 2D. Any other ideas anyone?Scott

That was a very good idea but unfortunately it didn't work. I have a Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT. The problem is just a wierd problem I have never experienced with any other add on. What beats me is it doesn't happen on my buddies computer when he has the same fs version and service pack. The knobs don't move, I can click the bleed air's and electric stuff but the lights don't go out unless I switch to VC and then back to 2D. Any other ideas anyone?Scott
Try a reinstall, select "repair" and see if that works. Your FSUIPC may not be properly installed. If you have the CD version, where did you purchase it from? Aerosoft? FeelThere? If not directly from CS, you need to go to the forum where you bought the CD and request support. Also, they may have an update for the CD version. Also, the AP will not work if the INS is not properly aligned.Good luck!Jim

I have re-installed this product probably 20 times with repair also. The CD is from Just Flight, but I had this problem when I tried the download also. So, it is not the CD maker. It's not just the autopilot not working, It's every switch and button. I have also installed FSUIPC many times and that doesn't affect anything. Something else is going on, and some other users have the same problem. We just don't know what the problem is.Scott

I have re-installed this product probably 20 times with repair also. The CD is from Just Flight, but I had this problem when I tried the download also. So, it is not the CD maker. It's not just the autopilot not working, It's every switch and button. I have also installed FSUIPC many times and that doesn't affect anything. Something else is going on, and some other users have the same problem. We just don't know what the problem is.Scott
Sorry to hear you are still having problems. You bought the CD from JustFlight so make sure you look for fixes and get support from JustFlight, NOT Captain Sim. It's not the same product. (I see JustFlight is preparing an update to 2.1 for the CD version for FS9). I have done a lot of searching on various FS forums and cannot find anyone else having a similar problem. Yours is probably system related vs a problem with the JustFlight software. Did you install the software with your anti-virus software (if any) running in the background? That has caused some install problems in the past especially with the free AVG anti-virus program. However, since some of the switches are working in VC mode and not in 2D that's probably not the cause but it's something you might want to check. Good luck!Jim

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. You bought the CD from JustFlight so make sure you look for fixes and get support from JustFlight, NOT Captain Sim. It's not the same product. (I see JustFlight is preparing an update to 2.1 for the CD version for FS9). I have done a lot of searching on various FS forums and cannot find anyone else having a similar problem. Yours is probably system related vs a problem with the JustFlight software. Did you install the software with your anti-virus software (if any) running in the background? That has caused some install problems in the past especially with the free AVG anti-virus program. However, since some of the switches are working in VC mode and not in 2D that's probably not the cause but it's something you might want to check. Good luck!Jim
It's not a just flight problem because I have had this same problem when I downloaded the product and asked for a refund. I got the refund and decided to get the cd at a local store since it wasn't a bad price but am having the same problem. Switched the switches in VC will change my switches in 2D but when I try to click or switch them in 2D it doesn't work whatsoever. I don't think it's an anti-virus problem because I have disabled that before. I don't think the 2.1 patch will work for my problem. If you search the captain sim forums you will find a few people with my problem but have just simply given up.Scott

It's not a just flight problem because I have had this same problem when I downloaded the product and asked for a refund. I got the refund and decided to get the cd at a local store since it wasn't a bad price but am having the same problem. Switched the switches in VC will change my switches in 2D but when I try to click or switch them in 2D it doesn't work whatsoever. I don't think it's an anti-virus problem because I have disabled that before. I don't think the 2.1 patch will work for my problem. If you search the captain sim forums you will find a few people with my problem but have just simply given up.Scott
I had an autopilot/ irs problem and fixed it by installing the latest virsion of wilco airbus 1 (i was previously using an older virsion). weird eh?

I do not have the problem and you're the only one in this "unofficial" forum who has brought up this issue. Strange it works for some but not for others. Looking on the JustFlight website, they do not have the 2.1 patch ready. I also searched their forums and did not see this issue brought up there. It could be a memory issue as sometimes, when I'm flying an aircraft like from PMDG and have real weather enabled and other FSX programs working in the background (like XPAX), I get an occasional memory blurp and nothing works for a few minutes. Then it comes back and I can continue.Jim

I do not have the problem and you're the only one in this "unofficial" forum who has brought up this issue. Strange it works for some but not for others. Looking on the JustFlight website, they do not have the 2.1 patch ready. I also searched their forums and did not see this issue brought up there. It could be a memory issue as sometimes, when I'm flying an aircraft like from PMDG and have real weather enabled and other FSX programs working in the background (like XPAX), I get an occasional memory blurp and nothing works for a few minutes. Then it comes back and I can continue.Jim
That's why I said the other reports were in the official captain sim support forum but we are getting no response there.Scott