Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Runway selections

I have read through a number of threads regarding runway assignments (both takeoffs and landings) and I understand there is a number of factors involved in runway selection, one of which is the runway(s) being used by AI. The AI that are part of FSX seem to use the runways broadcast by ATIS but I am guessing that AI addons do things their own way so:- Is this conlcusion correct ?- Excluding ATIS, visual cues and listening to aircraft communications, are there any other ways to determine what runway(s) AI are using (takeoffs or landings) ?Thanks,Zach

zachlog

RC has no control over AI landing on specific runways and any AI traffic packages do not either. RC in ATIS reiterates what AI are using if present and if not it uses its own selection criteria.The only AI control RC has over AI is when you are on final. It will reduce the speed of aircraft behind and freeze ground AI from doing a runway incursion avoiding a missed approach call.All of my aircraft have some kind of TCAS instrument installed that shows AI targets. This can show their landing direction and if zoomed in far enough you might be able to determine which runway they are using.

I have read through a number of threads regarding runway assignments (both takeoffs and landings) and I understand there is a number of factors involved in runway selection, one of which is the runway(s) being used by AI. The AI that are part of FSX seem to use the runways broadcast by ATIS but I am guessing that AI addons do things their own way so:- Is this conlcusion correct ?- Excluding ATIS, visual cues and listening to aircraft communications, are there any other ways to determine what runway(s) AI are using (takeoffs or landings) ?Thanks,Zach

there is a utility that comes with fsuipc, that you can run, that will show you what the ground ai are doing at an airport, and what the landing airplanes are doing.is that the sort of information you were looking for?jd

there is a utility that comes with fsuipc, that you can run, that will show you what the ground ai are doing at an airport, and what the landing airplanes are doing.is that the sort of information you were looking for?jd
Yes.... since when flying an IAP RC does not manage the approach until 7nm out, knowing the runways AI are using for landing is important (similarly for takeoffs) so I was wondering how AI runway usage is determined by the pilot. Per Ronzie, "RC in ATIS reiterates what AI are using if present" so this is another way of answering the question. Can the FSUIPC utility be run "within the cockpit" ?Thanks again,Zach

zachlog

Yes.... since when flying an IAP RC does not manage the approach until 7nm out, knowing the runways AI are using for landing is important (similarly for takeoffs) so I was wondering how AI runway usage is determined by the pilot. Per Ronzie, "RC in ATIS reiterates what AI are using if present" so this is another way of answering the question. Can the FSUIPC utility be run "within the cockpit" ?Thanks again,Zach
no seperate program. i would listen to atis, and make your determination maybe at 30 miles outjd