Sign in to follow this  

default 747 auto pilot

Having a few problems keeping the 747 at 3500ft at 275kts using the auto pilot. It keeps pitching up and down, can't seem to peg 3500ft for some reason. I've got altitude, speed and auto throttle on. Is that to low and slow for the auto pilot in the 747? Bug maybe or me? William

Guest Van

Hi,Your problem is not speed as you are 25kts too fast. You should be at 250kts or slower at 10,000 feet or less. Also if you are using the default 747 and it's FDE that could be the problem too as the MS flight dynamics are not very good.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Not to pick a point, but it's not uncommon for a 744 to clear ATC for a speed in excess of 250 below 10,000, Many (most) 744 configurations don't cleanup well below 270 knots and requests for that speed (or a tad more) are frequent, especially on climbout. And I agree, the default 744 FDE is really inadequate. One good source for 744 Add-ons is:http://www.meljet.com/Project747/Project74...oads-747400.htmTrip

Thanks Trip and Van. Yea, I was alittle fast but still thought it should work ok. I'll slow down a bit and try again. If it still doesn't work then there is something wrong. Thanks again. William