Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Black wings on Posky 737 in FSX

Guest ThrottleUp

Hey guys :)Im in the process of chucking the great Posky 737NGs into FSX (specially since you can use the nice default VC with them). Everythings fine except for...well...take a look:PskyBlackWingFSX.png :( I dont understand why the wings are black! I followed all the instructions to the letter (Poskys own):-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. Install the existing 737NG 737-800 Winglet model to FS-X. (For how , see FAQ's of our forum or other sites .. there are bunch of those infomations) Usally download the Posky 737NG Aircraft and install as the instruction included in the aircraft's set. (The install folder has been changed from Aircrafts to SimObjects\Airplanes at FS-X so you have to ) 2. Copy the model folder and texture folder to the installed aircraft folder. This will replace the model.cfg and copy the model file and tranparent settings texture to the texture files for a tranparent parts. Also some downloads doesn't have a Lightmap (Night texture) on some parts So better copy the missing files from the included "Incase_Parts_Looks_broken_add_Lightmaps" folder of this set.And this is all..Ofcourse better edit the aircraft.cfg's to show up in the menu.Trouble Case ...1. If the parts looks like broken , it happens when there is no light maps. FS-X works like that when texture is missing. So use the dummy lightmap texture in that case.2. If the cockpit window is transparent .. same .. exchange the cockpit glass texture included in the texture folder.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------....but still no luck! Could you please offer some advice! I dont get why the fuselage & engine-pod textures work but not the wings. Do I need to tweak something? I have used the FSX-updated Posky models as instructed. Thanks!! :(

HI ThrottleUp.I wish I could tell you how to fix it, but all I can do is give you some ideas. FSX handles some of the Textures differently. Many FS9 aircraft, that were not textured, or had certain kinds of textures will look black in FSX, there may be other reasons and someone will post, I am sure.Did you try another Color / texture, or is there only one available? Maybe you can down load some textures / repaints from AVSIM and try it?I would have never noticed it, at least not in flight, since I never wing walk / get out of cockpit in flight. This would not be a show stopper for me, if all other things are fine, like flight model, VC etc. TV

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks for your reply, I didnt think about those factors. I wonder what kind of textures the fuselage has that make them appear properly. I guess I will have to do a lot of tweaking to try and sort this out!

I would have never noticed it, at least not in flight, since I never wing walk / get out of cockpit in flight.
When it comes to FSX this is true (I use FS9 for wingviews!) since the sim does not really allow it (wingviews are *external* camera views). However I have found that I enjoy flying airliners from the VC since the default VCs are nice! The reason for my distress (hee hee) is screenshots. I like to take screenshots and share them with simmers on Avsims screenshot forum and the many other flight sim forums. And a nice 737NG with black wings and horizontal stabilizers = not good :(

Hi, ThrottleUp.I understand. We all use it for different reasons. I am more / only into using it as a Training tool. Bad Flight models get me Flying off my rocker. Try to see if AVSIM has a a new Paint for it that may help?Have fun. TV