Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

B7x7 in FSX

Has anyone been able to get the B757 or B777 to work in FSX?I recently got a new computer capable of running FSX so I copied all my PSS A320, B757 and B777 FS9 files to the new computer. They work great without having to re-install. Then I installed FSX and copied those a/c to the appropriate folders along with their gauges. The A320 works fine in FSX but the B757 and B777 both have the same problem. I can't get the overhead panel to display. I can open all the other windows (throttle, FMC, radio stack, etc) but not the overhead. If I change Visible=1 in the panel.cfg the overhead will display but nothing else will display and I can't close it.I know these planes weren't designed for FSX but they are close to working.Rich

I have played with the 777 in FSX but ran into 3 major problems after only testing for 5 mins.First problem is that the autopilot doesn't work. It chases the FD all over the place and never pitches or banks like its supposed to.Second problem is that the autothrottles do not work.Third problem is not really a problem but an annoyance. I noticed that clicking the overhead button or the top of the center pillar does not bring up the overhead. I changed the panel.cfg to bring up the overhead with the panel zoom spot (Shift+2) and it seems to work.If the autopilot issues were sorted out then there might be hope. untill then dont even bother :(

I have played with the 777 in FSX but ran into 3 major problems after only testing for 5 mins.First problem is that the autopilot doesn't work. It chases the FD all over the place and never pitches or banks like its supposed to.Second problem is that the autothrottles do not work.Third problem is not really a problem but an annoyance. I noticed that clicking the overhead button or the top of the center pillar does not bring up the overhead. I changed the panel.cfg to bring up the overhead with the panel zoom spot (Shift+2) and it seems to work.If the autopilot issues were sorted out then there might be hope. untill then dont even bother :(
Thanks for the tip on Shift+2. I made that change to panel.cfg on the B757 and the overhead panel displays as it should. I'm going to try some flight tests later this week and hope I have better luck than you but I'm not optimistic.Regards ... Rich

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.