Sign in to follow this  
thefrog

Cachya (TrackIR substitute)

A few days ago, after running the trial version, I decided to go ahead and purchase the head-tracking software Cachya which works using your own webcam and a printable target worn on your cap. I tried to register the software online but nothing happens. My emails have not been answered and the forums were locked several months ago (I only noticed this after my purchase had gone through!)Has anyone purchased this software or been in contact with this company recently? I really hope I haven't just wasted $14.99 (

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

A few days ago, after running the trial version, I decided to go ahead and purchase the head-tracking software Cachya which works using your own webcam and a printable target worn on your cap. I tried to register the software online but nothing happens. My emails have not been answered and the forums were locked several months ago (I only noticed this after my purchase had gone through!)Has anyone purchased this software or been in contact with this company recently? I really hope I haven't just wasted $14.99 (

Hope you hear from them. In the meantime, I think it would be really worth your while to check out Freetrack (free-track.net).Like Cachya, it works with a normal webcam, but it's free, and having used both, there's no real comparison--Freetrack wins out, hands down.Plus, with Freetrack you can use a Nintendo Wii remote as an IR camera. I do, and the performance in FSX is on par with TrackIR.Hope things work out for you, but either way, give Freetrack a gander.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Looks like this company is no longer in business. Tried two different browsers and most clickable areas are dead!

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I've got Track-IR, but have also used tracking stuff which used the webcam on a PC. In my case it was the built-in capability to do so in Soaring Simulator (AKA Sailors of the Sky). Although it did work, I don't think it was on par with Track-IR, and to be honest I never expected it to be, given the hardware differences. That is not to say that the product you bought is the same with regard to perfomance, but I'd have my doubts.Even so, for ten quid (if I did not have Track-IR), like yourself I'd be inclined to give it a try. I hope you get it working, after all, it might only be ten quid, but it was your ten quid.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Report the problem to the Better Business Buearu (or an equvilent if not in the US).
Actually a couple of weeks later I did get my registration and after a bit of tweaking got Cachya to work in FSX - which it does very well indeed with 6DOF. Getting the webcam settings, room light level and the Cachya configuration took a bit of time but it was worth the effort. It only really works with 3 DOF in FS9 though unfortunately, as far as I can see. But it's transformed FSX for me, at a fraction of the price of Track IR.Frog

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE