Sign in to follow this  
Ephemeral

Display Unit Failure Error

Hey I just had a Display Unit Failure and I noticed a possible bug:When a display fails the DUs re-adjust correctly... But if you select any menu item from the SD while a DU is failed, the menu requested takes over both ND screens. Is it like this on the real aircraft? Just thought I should mention it.

Sam, I almost followed you. Which DU failed, and does "select menu item" mean pushing the SD display controller buttons for engine, hyd, air, etc? Also, "both ND screens"??For clarity, number the DUs from left to right (1-PFD 2-ND 3-Eng 4-SD). Which failed? Which ones duplicated info that I presume is system diagnostic schematic screen?Thanks, I'd like to try reproducing the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan,PFD 1 failed.I then pressed the SD controller button for ENG. At this point both of the map screens turned to ENG displays.

Hey Dan,PFD 1 failed.I then pressed the SD controller button for ENG. At this point both of the map screens turned to ENG displays.
Sam, Dan,Using DU 1 failed as an example, DU 5 gets a 'double' function.It will display or ND or SD information as selected via the SD panel push buttons.It is not normal that SD info is also displayed on the other ND screen. (in this case DU 3).Regards,Harry

I can reproduce that.Fail DU1, captain's displays for PFD, ND, ENG shift right and SD is DU5 (first officer's ND is no longer avail).Press any SDCP button to change SD display and DU3 starts displaying SD info, which is also on DU5. Lost ND display.I noticed that switching DUI controller on side panel resets the displays to indicate as they should with DU1 failure.I put a note about this in the proper place.Thanks,Edit: fixed typo first line... SD is DU5.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can reproduce that.Fail DU1, captain's displays for PFD, ND, ENG shift right and SD is DU5 (first officer's ND is no longer avail).Press any SDCP button to change SD display and DU3 starts displaying SD info, which is also on DU5. Lost ND display.I noticed that switching DUI controller on side panel resets the displays to indicate as they should with DU1 failure.I put a note about this in the proper place.Thanks,Edit: fixed typo first line... SD is DU5.
Dan,(first officer's ND is no longer avail). F/O panel is still available, but has to be selected via the SDCP ND button now. That's why that button is placed there, the DU has a 'double' selectable function.Switching 'DUI controller' on the SISP panel restores situation only temporarily by selecting another DEU as signal input.Hope this helps to discribe the problem as detailed as possible.Thanks for making a note in the proper place.Regards,Harry