Sign in to follow this  
stabell

ASA - gradual visibility in FS9, how?

ASA, FS9 through WideFS.I am trying to use the smoothing of the visibility option.When in cruise (FL330) when moving the surface visibility slider in options:visibility tab lower than 100, and leaving the upper altitude visibility on max, it gets foggy.If the surface visibility slider is supposed to set the surface visibility, how come it gets foggy in cruise?It also seems like the slider has no effect to the right of about 113, so moving it from 113 to 110, it changes from infinite visibility to pretty foggy in cruise.Instead of asking me if I have this and that ticked, what do I have to tick in the options pages to get a hazy visibility on the ground, and a cruise like visibility, with a smooth transitionas I climb and descend?registered FSUIPC : weather settings off. ASA not updated with the beta.

Hi,Does it get foggy at cruise altitude or toward the ground?You will always get the visibility layer to pop in and out in FS, due to the way FS handles this layer.Thanks,

Does it get foggy at cruise altitude or toward the ground?I wrote:When in cruise (FL330) when moving the surface visibility slider in options:visibility tab lower than 100, and leaving the upper altitude visibility on max, it gets foggy.So it is in cruise, as you can see.The question is, and was, how can the visibility in FL330 change to a foggy condition when I am adjusting the slider for surface visibility?And the next question was why changes from 200 to about 115 has absolutely no difference, but a lot of difference between 115 and 110, on the visibility sliders.That is about what I wrote, I dont think I have told you more this time?The bottom line question I am hoping for an answer for, is* what to put the visibility sliders and other sliders to, to get what I initially wanted?Instead of asking if I have this or that on or off, is it possible to just list what I am supposed to tick in the opions pages to have the visibility clear (and adjustable) in cruise, and adjustable on the ground, regardless of reall weather, which is then more smoothed than FS default weather?

Hi,Fog occurs at the ground so it is a fair question to ask.This has not happened in the hundreds of ASA threads before so I am trying to gather as much information as possible. Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing in FS?

it is difficult to make a screenshot, because I am running TripleHead2Go, and the print screen function doesn't work as normal.But in FS9 default weather tab, if you set the visibility layer all the way up to FL350 and move the slider to 40, then everetying gets foggy. It seems to be the exact same thing.But then I am more relaxed, that it is only something with my setup, which can be corrected.So if you are flying in cruise, and move the upper altitude visibility slider in ASA, from 200 to 190 to 180..,will you see a little difference for each step? And putting the upper alt slider to max, will the ground visibility slider not have an effect on the visibility in cruise altitude?Is there a default setting, can I reset the whole thing? (like deleting the ASA.cgf file, or something)?

Hi,Yes you should see a gradual change.Yes, let's try a reset. The files are in Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA\OptionsThanks,