Sign in to follow this  
Guest lvedin

Dual computer possibility

Guest lvedin

I aim to buy Active Sky Advanced.Im using dual computers XP, FS9, WideFS, Squawkbox3. All current setup works fine.Can I put basically only ActiveSky-textures in the FS-computer. And the ActiveSky internet connection, weather-generators and user-settings in the other computer ?Thanks , and best regards Lennart Vedin.

Hi,Thanks for your interest.ASA contains no textures at all, just the weather engine. Also, ASA gets installed to one machine and you cannot break things up.Remember that you can install ASA on one machine only for Online weather. Another install can be made, but you must run in Offline Mode.You can install and have ASA work with WideFS and SimConnect.Thanks,

Guest lvedin

Ok I see, thanks for answer. The FS9 samples at "Active Sky 6.5" look as great as I thought it had additional textures.Then I aim install ASA at the WideFS computer.BTW, I must mention I had real problem to get understanding in the BASIC difference for all 5 different HIFI product. As a new costumer I should want to have an one-sentence description in build font for each product, to find the main purpose and compatibility for the product.

Ok I see, thanks for answer. The FS9 samples at "Active Sky 6.5" look as great as I thought it had additional textures.Then I aim install ASA at the WideFS computer.BTW, I must mention I had real problem to get understanding in the BASIC difference for all 5 different HIFI product. As a new costumer I should want to have an one-sentence description in build font for each product, to find the main purpose and compatibility for the product.
I believe I am having a similar issue and you may have answered it here, but I'd like some clarification.I just upgraded my FS9 PC from XP to Vista-64. I have an XP laptop that has been running AS6 via WideFs perfectly for over a year.Now that I have upgraded to ASA, I can't get it to connect from the laptop to the Flight Sim PC.Here's what I have done so far (and in order):-Clean install of Vista 64 and subsequent install of FS9, patched-Downloaded and installed ASA on Flight Sim PC (everything worked just fine)-Uninstalled AS6 from Laptop (mistake??)-Installed ASA on laptop-Shared FS9 folder on Flight Sim PC -Shared FS9 Data folder on Flight Sim PC(Both folders can be seen remotely on the laptop, so I presume sharing is working correctly)-Start up FS9-Start up WideClient(connection between the two computers is made and Squawkbox even works through the connection just fine)-Start up ASA-Alert box pops up and I point ASA to the FS9 folder and the FS9 data folder-ASA initiates and looks to be running fine, but the nearest location shows as SEA when my aircraft is parked at DFW.It won't update the weather at DFW and I think it's due to a comm problem between the laptop and the Flight Sim PC. My suspicions are a sharing problem, but I have both folders shared and full authority given to "Everyone"Can you help me please? Thank you!

Hi,Uninstall ASA from the FS computer and then give things a try from the laptop.Did the ASA install on the laptop ask you for your license key?Please let us know.Thanks,

Hi,Uninstall ASA from the FS computer and then give things a try from the laptop.Did the ASA install on the laptop ask you for your license key?Please let us know.Thanks,
Thank you. I will try that. To answer your question, yes when I installed to the laptop it did ask for the license key and it also registered itself.

Thank you. I will try that. To answer your question, yes when I installed to the laptop it did ask for the license key and it also registered itself.
Jim, that didn't quite do it. I have, however noticed that each time I start ASA, it tells me it cannot find the FS2004 location, so I have to point it out each time. Curiously, I do indeed see the installation folder on the network, but cannot access the files in that folder from the laptop.On the other hand, ASA no longer asks me for the FS9 Data file location (seems it's remembering that location just fine). However I am able to access the individual files via the laptop ( on network network), unlike the FS9 installation folder files.I have added the appropriate permissions to both folders, but for some reason I can see both, but only access files in the data folder. Certainly seems like a sharing issue, but I'm out of options at this point.Thanks once again.

Jim, that didn't quite do it. I have, however noticed that each time I start ASA, it tells me it cannot find the FS2004 location, so I have to point it out each time. Curiously, I do indeed see the installation folder on the network, but cannot access the files in that folder from the laptop.On the other hand, ASA no longer asks me for the FS9 Data file location (seems it's remembering that location just fine). However I am able to access the individual files via the laptop ( on network network), unlike the FS9 installation folder files.I have added the appropriate permissions to both folders, but for some reason I can see both, but only access files in the data folder. Certainly seems like a sharing issue, but I'm out of options at this point.Thanks once again.
Problem solved!!I had already edited the permissions for the group "Everyone" to give full access. What I had to do was to add a group "Guest" and give it full access. That worked. It allowed me to access the FS9 folder from XP and thereby giving ASA access to the same folder. Vista is a strange animal!Jeff