Sign in to follow this  
Guest yienmaster

Looking for a Piper Cherokee Arrow

Guest yienmaster

I'm looking for a small prop plane that is sleek and small. I really like the speed of the Mooney Bravo, but it's interior is rather low quality, and it's visibility is decent at best. I like free Piper Arrow in the File Library here, but it can't compare, quality-wise to most of the payware aircraft I fly.Can anyone recommend something along those lines (small, sleek, retractable gear, hopefully fast)? Payware or freeware, I'm just looking for something I can really enjoy in VC that is rather modern in design. Thanks.

I'm looking for a small prop plane that is sleek and small. I really like the speed of the Mooney Bravo, but it's interior is rather low quality, and it's visibility is decent at best. I like free Piper Arrow in the File Library here, but it can't compare, quality-wise to most of the payware aircraft I fly.Can anyone recommend something along those lines (small, sleek, retractable gear, hopefully fast)? Payware or freeware, I'm just looking for something I can really enjoy in VC that is rather modern in design. Thanks.
There is a rather nice looking Piper Arrow coming from Carenado soon. At the rate they are knocking out aircraft I would imagine that this won't be too far away.http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

I would recommend the RealAir Marchetti. Small, sleek, fast, really good cockpit and it handles beautifully. :( www.realairsimulations.com

Bert

I have to echo the recommendation re: The SIAI Marchetti. You can't go wrong with it and it has top notch flight dynamics as well as full IFR capability. I would buy FSX just to fly this plane! :( If you're into Mooneys, Carenado's M201J isn't too bad, plus you can get a freeware HD VC from FTX.

Can't wait for the Carenado Arrow. Gosh I miss Piper's in FSX. Dreamfleet has a great one too but only with 32bit operating systems.http://dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/236/purchase_236.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah but it's fast for a fixed gear

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I would recommend the RealAir Marchetti. Small, sleek, fast, really good cockpit and it handles beautifully. :( www.realairsimulations.com
Totally concur. This is one of the best add-on airplanes ever made for both FS9 and FSX. It's a great VFR airplane, and also the various panel views make it an awesome IFR mount as well.It's framerate friendly too - I'm not sure how that do this but I'm not axin' questions :( . IMO this is one of the best choices for a fast, "accurate" (caveat: I've never flown an SF.260, but would like to!), framerate-friendly, fun to fly simulated airplanes you can buy.Cowardly disclaimer: I am biased against most (all?) Piper airplanes, only because of the single door on the pax side. I am claustrophobic :( . The Flight1 Meridian was a fine choice in its day but has no FSX equivalent.Also, I always questioned Piper's placement of some panel instruments - e.g. the manifold pressure gauge, which should be a lot closer to the "six pack", or at least, not right next to my knee. IMO Piper cockpits are not as well laid out as the competition. (My impressions are based on the Archer and Arrow models.) At any rate, I think that the SF.260 is a great choice for what you're after.Dave B.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack