Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

Just Flight B772LR

Guest melf12

After a complete HD reformat I'm having great difficulty in re-installing my PSS B772LR, to the point where I'm just about given up trying :( So I'm contemplating getting the Just Flight version; does anyone know if it is much different from the PSS B772LR?The PSS B772LR is, in my opinion, the best all round aircraft I have ever had in my hangar; but I'm not not forward to going backwards.Any help will be appreciated.KenNB. Has John Rooume retired?

After a complete HD reformat I'm having great difficulty in re-installing my PSS B772LR, to the point where I'm just about given up trying :( So I'm contemplating getting the Just Flight version; does anyone know if it is much different from the PSS B772LR?The PSS B772LR is, in my opinion, the best all round aircraft I have ever had in my hangar; but I'm not not forward to going backwards.Any help will be appreciated.KenNB. Has John Rooume retired?
No! He's still around Ken - what's the problem with your 777 re-install?John R

Guest melf12
No! He's still around Ken - what's the problem with your 777 re-install?John R

Guest melf12

Hello John,I knew you were still around, I noticed your post on the 26th , January 2009 :( Problem I have is...I have just completed a reformat of my HD, which also contains my Fs9/PSS B772LR installs. A friend and I decided to reduce the number of Partitions on the newly reformatted HD from 3 to 2!! All went well until I started the reinstall process....PQ Drive Image 7 then started to look for the, now extinct, 'G' Drive!? My intention was to install fs9 into the enlarged 'C' Drive.I do have, on another drive, a complete (?) set of PSS B772LR Folders which I prepared at the end of 2007, when it became clear PSS' demise was imminent. these files came directly from the PSS Installers. Over the 3+ years that I have had the T7 on my PC, it has been greatly modified - too much maybe :(If I do have a go at installing the 'bare bones' folders, what would be the hierarchy/layout?Ken

Ken,Try here: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=94710In general just replace 757 with 777. The 777 panel folder is PSSB77704 and sits with the PSS-B772LR folder in the FS9/aircraft folder.Don't forget our friend voronoi.dat in root FS9.Have a go - I'll be here for questions and once the basics are up and running there is another post which will get the load editor working.RegardsJohn

Guest melf12
Ken,Try here: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=94710In general just replace 757 with 777. The 777 panel folder is PSSB77704 and sits with the PSS-B772LR folder in the FS9/aircraft folder.Don't forget our friend voronoi.dat in root FS9.Have a go - I'll be here for questions and once the basics are up and running there is another post which will get the load editor working.RegardsJohn

Guest melf12

Hi John,I've got the PSS B772LR showing up in fs9 with the British Airways livery - but only the 'bare necessities' :) Still it's progress, there are several other files, such as voronoi.dat - that I'm not too sure of where they go.....but I'll look in the PQ Drive Image 7 backup, that should help.To summarise, I think I have all the required files, it's just a matter of finding them a home!I'll keep you informed re progress; in the meanwhile it's nice to know you are ready to help me if required.Best regards,Ken

Guest melf12
Hi John,I've got the PSS B772LR showing up in fs9 with the British Airways livery - but only the 'bare necessities' :) Still it's progress, there are several other files, such as voronoi.dat - that I'm not too sure of where they go.....but I'll look in the PQ Drive Image 7 backup, that should help.To summarise, I think I have all the required files, it's just a matter of finding them a home!I'll keep you informed re progress; in the meanwhile it's nice to know you are ready to help me if required.Best regards,Ken

Guest melf12

Hello John,No, I've had to give up :( I've decided to get the Just Flight version, shame really.Thank you for all your help. End of an era.Best regards,Ken

Hello John,No, I've had to give up :( I've decided to get the Just Flight version, shame really.Thank you for all your help. End of an era.Best regards,Ken
Pity, but you do have to have a full back up before it will work.As far as I know the JF version is exactly the same {as is their 757 which I tested at one point}.See you back here if you have any ???RegardsJohn

Guest melf12
Pity, but you do have to have a full back up before it will work.As far as I know the JF version is exactly the same {as is their 757 which I tested at one point}.See you back here if you have any ???RegardsJohn

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.