Sign in to follow this  
bojote

After one month of intensive testing ASA here is a report...

First, I don't work for HiFi, never have been a BETA tester for them and they don't even know who I am :)Secondly, I've been a customer since ASV, and, to this date, very pleased with HiFi products.Now to the very quick report...My Setup:1) FS2004 + FSUIPC on the main machine2) WideClient + ASA on a laptopNow, to the negative comments:1) The Graphic Snapshots are a GREAT idea, however, after the BETA they don't work. (the team is aware of that, and fixing it as I understand)2) Clouds pop up or dissapear out of nowhere, even with weather suppresion set to on (150 miles) this NEVER ever happened with AS6.5, and FSUIPC weather was reset to defaults as suggested in the manual.3) Reported winds on FSBUild differ from the ASA navlog, this, because WDC is smoothing the winds along the way.. I've reach the conclusion that this is NOT a big problem, because, the winds reported in FSBuild, altough different, are very similar and in the real world Weather forecasting is NOT 100% accurate.4) I keep getting an Activation Screen randomly telling me I have to activate my copy of ASA.. I think I know why is this.. In my laptop, I have a wireless adapter and a Wired one. Sometimes, I'll use the wireless network to connect to the main PC running FS2004 via WideClient, some times I will use the wired adapter... when I switch, is when ASA shows the Activation message... very annoying.5) there is some stuttering when weather updates are being sent to the FS2004 machine. In AS6.5 this was reduced by throtling the updates, ASA does not offer that option anymore.Now to the positive comments:Weather depiction is outstanding!! everything works, Downdrafts/Updrafts, wind shears, turbulence... its fantastic! (except for the cloud poping thing)Everything, from the enroute MAP, to the Briefing screen is very clear and friendly. I love ASA, it has some problems, but are definitely NOT show stoppers. I suggest we give the team all the time they need to fix the problems, at the end, We'll all have a great product! remember this is a complex add-on and we complicate things with our own add-ons and versions of Flight Sim.have a great day you all..*******