Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Rebuild Scenery DB

Per several posts I had seen, I downloaded the latest version of makerwys.exe (v4.2.9.0) and put it in the FSX root directory. I then started RC and rebuit the scenery database. The utility displayed two message boxes that the rebuild of a4.csv and r4.csv was completed. When I looked at path c:\rcv4x\data (I wanted to see if there were new versions of these files since I ran the utility), the time stamp of a4.csv has today's date and the time I ran the utility but the time stamp of r4.csv is 1/6/2007 11:37 AM....not today's date !Is this a problem ? There are no other rx.csv files in the above path.Thanks again,Zach

zachlog

Per several posts I had seen, I downloaded the latest version of makerwys.exe (v4.2.9.0) and put it in the FSX root directory. I then started RC and rebuit the scenery database. The utility displayed two message boxes that the rebuild of a4.csv and r4.csv was completed. When I looked at path c:\rcv4x\data (I wanted to see if there were new versions of these files since I ran the utility), the time stamp of a4.csv has today's date and the time I ran the utility but the time stamp of r4.csv is 1/6/2007 11:37 AM....not today's date !Is this a problem ? There are no other rx.csv files in the above path.Thanks again,Zach
is the r5.csv file in the fsx root directory the same as the r4.csv file in the rcv4x\data directory? the a4.csv file is actually generated from the r5/r4 file. the r4.csv file may not have it's date/time stamp changed. just the a4.what is the modified date on the two files?jd

is the r5.csv file in the fsx root directory the same as the r4.csv file in the rcv4x\data directory? the a4.csv file is actually generated from the r5/r4 file. the r4.csv file may not have it's date/time stamp changed. just the a4.what is the modified date on the two files?jd
>>is the r5.csv file in the fsx root directory the same as the r4.csv file in the rcv4x\data directory?There is no r5.csv file in the fsx root directory (c:\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x).>>what is the modified date on the two files?a4.csv- Date Modified: 2/3/2009 3:27 PMr4.csv- Date Modified: 1/6/2007 11:37 AMAgain, both of the above files are in "C:\Program Files\rcv4x\data" and the rebuild of the scenery was done on 2/3/09 at about 3:27 PM.Zach

zachlog

>>is the r5.csv file in the fsx root directory the same as the r4.csv file in the rcv4x\data directory?There is no r5.csv file in the fsx root directory (c:\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x).>>what is the modified date on the two files?a4.csv- Date Modified: 2/3/2009 3:27 PMr4.csv- Date Modified: 1/6/2007 11:37 AMAgain, both of the above files are in "C:\Program Files\rcv4x\data" and the rebuild of the scenery was done on 2/3/09 at about 3:27 PM.Zach
if there aren't any errors, i think you're fine. can you open \rcv4x\makerwys.bat with notepad, ctrl-a, ctrl-c, and reply to this post and press ctrl-vlet's see what the batch file is doing.jd

if there aren't any errors, i think you're fine. can you open \rcv4x\makerwys.bat with notepad, ctrl-a, ctrl-c, and reply to this post and press ctrl-vlet's see what the batch file is doing.jd
Here it is:-----------------------------------------------------------del .\data\a4.csvc:cd "c:\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x"makerwys.execopy r5.csv "C:\Program Files\rcv4x\data\r4.csv"-----------------------------------------------------------

zachlog

Here it is:-----------------------------------------------------------del .\data\a4.csvc:cd "c:\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x"makerwys.execopy r5.csv "C:\Program Files\rcv4x\data\r4.csv"-----------------------------------------------------------
as long as those two paths are correct, you're good.jd