Sign in to follow this  
Cuddly1956

Huge problem after Beta 355 install

I installed the beta 355 in ASA and now if I fly a prop plane from EGNT to EGLL I get a very odd problem.Although the throttle is at maximum the manifold pressure drops to zero slowly, a nuisance to say the least as dropping to idle isn't too good for flight.I've attached pic of the ASA window and the cockpit so you can see what I mean. Was ok before the patch though.DWC ticked and a few settings reduced but thats about it.Hopr you can shed some light in this tunnel.... tis dark in ere.John Ellison

Hi,Your PITOT heat is off and you are experiencing icing. Please turn that switch On before you take off.Thanks,

Actually you will need carb heat too to stop the engines being starved of oxygen and fuel because of the ice building up in them. Turbo props and aircraft with fuel injection systems don't need carb heat because they dont have any.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest abulaafia
Hi,Your PITOT heat is off and you are experiencing icing. Please turn that switch On before you take off.Thanks,
look again

Erm pitot heat is on, and when using the Bravo prop deice as well, and carb heat using the Cessna 172... I can see on the Bravo that the fuel flow drops to an idle flow rate even with the throttle full open, even with boost pump it makes no difference at all. (minus 9C OAT is hardly too cold) I tried the same flight in FS9 and that didn't stall out although the airspeed indicator dropped to zero for a while (not registering) The above only happens in FSX and I can see where you are coming from as the throttle does pick up when I reach about 1000ft and responds in climb again for a short time (the above flight started out at 9000ft, on picking up again I rose to 6000ft and tried it there.... same thing afier about 3 mins. (fuel flow 0.04, ** 0, CHT 0 - dont know if it's temps not registering or value)Very frustrating but I was wondering if anyone else had any prior experience of this case and might offer a way forward.John Ellison

What about fuel mixture are you remembering to lean it out as you climb. Sorry if I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs but I don't know, how much you know.

Cheers, Andy.

What about fuel mixture are you remembering to lean it out as you climb. Sorry if I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs but I don't know, how much you know.
Tried it both ways lol - auto and doing it manually - still does it for last 2 days on same route. Just tried with FSX CRJ abd thats ok - says icing but wing antiice gets rid of the warning so I know at least thats working lol. I'm at a loss really. Even dug through the configs looking for messed up items but nothing amiss there, keyboard controls are set too.It could be just the odd/cold weather doing it, dunno - might try historical if I can work that bit out (new user so still a numpty lol)Might even be a reainstall of FSX coming soon, but hate to do that because of addon planes/scenery - could be worse, could be FS9 reinstall and I defo don't want to do that with all the AES stuff, etc. Thanks for asking though.Thank goodness my PMDG and LevelD stuff don't do it lolJohn Ellison