Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

3rd time already! No displays, no VC, everything fubared...

Hello PMDG!This is a third time this happened!I load my sim, and there is nothing in my MD11. Every time I had to completely reinstall to get it back. I have no idea what's causing it. I can't load any state, there is no power to the aircraft, and VC, see the screenshots!Every time I think happened after I did some editing in the Load Manager, but not really sure!

Solved by reinstalling Microsoft Visual libraries again.Is there a way to prevent this from happening again, or, do you know why is this happening?I have XP64.

That skylight option in the overhead is pretty cool. I had something similar happen in the 747X and fixed it but don't know how.Few questions: What is your OS (XP/Vista/32 or64)? Is this the FS9 or FSX version? Verify that installation of the additional Microsoft runtime modules occurs without error (it probably asks if you want to repair or remove after the initial installation).Meanwhile, maybe someone around here has some ideas.Can you give us the steps that when taken will cause this to happen, such as using the load manager (you said you think this might be related, can you confirm)?EDIT: Okay... you answered with the fix before my response. Once installed, those VB libraries should be okay. All I can say is be sure that you always allow the repair option if you run another installer that also uses the VB libraries. I have not hear of anything that removes them or makes them unusable.

Dan Downs KCRP

That skylight option in the overhead is pretty cool. I had something similar happen in the 747X and fixed it but don't know how.Few questions: What is your OS (XP/Vista/32 or64)? Is this the FS9 or FSX version? Verify that installation of the additional Microsoft runtime modules occurs without error (it probably asks if you want to repair or remove after the initial installation).Meanwhile, maybe someone around here has some ideas.Can you give us the steps that when taken will cause this to happen, such as using the load manager (you said you think this might be related, can you confirm)?
Correction to my previous post: NOT SOLVED. Just happened again, after I reinstalled all my liveries.Odd enough, as it seems, it expands installation data on my E drive, and doesn't delete it from there.It asks if I want to repair or remove, so I do a repair.I have XP64 as mentioned above. And this is FS9.OK, it went like this:I removed all my redist packages and MD11.Installed redist packages, only 64bit, 2005 and 2008 incl SP1.Installed MD11.It asked if I wanted to repair or remove: I repaired. All is OK.Installed the patch. Repaired both.Tested MD11. Without going to load manager.Went into load manager, saved 1/3, went back to FS9, no displays.Saw someone said reinstall 32bit packages.So I did, displays back.Installed liveries. Tested, OK, went to load manager, saved, no displays.Reinstalled 32bit. No effect. Displays dead.GRRR.

Yeah, I too noticed the Visual C++ (not VB as I wrote earlier) end up on my E: drive. I have Vista64.When you removed the redistributable packages, did you do that using the installer or control panel (just checking)?I notice that my package is titled: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (note no reference to 32b).May I suggest that while you are looking for an answer in the forum, you might want to send an email to pmdg support (be sure you get an automated response). Seems like everytime you use your load manager it kills the runtime libraries. That is really odd.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, I too noticed the Visual C++ (not VB as I wrote earlier) end up on my E: drive. I have Vista64.When you removed the redistributable packages, did you do that using the installer or control panel (just checking)?I notice that my package is titled: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (note no reference to 32b).May I suggest that while you are looking for an answer in the forum, you might want to send an email to pmdg support (be sure you get an automated response). Seems like everytime you use your load manager it kills the runtime libraries. That is really odd.
Removed through control panel.I sent an email to the support.

This is an IFR training mode! It's an easter egg!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

This happens to me as well. After a loading a saved flight. I load a saved flight of the Freighter no problem, load the pax same as the picture above. This is happening with increasing frequency, I had the issue before I did a complete reinstall now it is happening again. I have added nothing except Dreamfactory EBBR, problem happened before and after this install. Used the load manager as mentioned above. Loading a panle state does nothing.FS9.1Win XP 32bit sp3Andrew

This happens to me as well. After a loading a saved flight. I load a saved flight of the Freighter no problem, load the pax same as the picture above. This is happening with increasing frequency, I had the issue before I did a complete reinstall now it is happening again. I have added nothing except Dreamfactory EBBR, problem happened before and after this install. Used the load manager as mentioned above. Loading a panle state does nothing.FS9.1Win XP 32bit sp3Andrew
Good to hear that I'm not the only one!

Word Not Allowed once I rant the load manager everything came back to life. I was even able to continue a save flight and all worked fine.

Further tests show that its not dependable on the service pack. I now removed all PMDG products I have, just to be able to test.Install 4 C++ packages: 2008 and SP1, X86 and X64.Install MD11 original installer.Run FS9. Works.Close FS9, run load manager, save something. Doesn't work, looks like above pics.

OK, I think I found the fix, and why possibly noone else was seeing it.If you set the fuel selector to the maximum fuel, you will get blank screens. Why? Don't know really. The fact is, it was not up to C++ packages. I installed only SP1 packages now for X86 and X64.If I save with fuel selector on maximum, it goes blank, if I save with anything else, MD11 is working. I guess this could be called a bug. Hopefully they will fix otherwise pretty perfect aircraft.