Hi could anyone please help me know if the Asus 8400GS PCI-E 256MB Video Card would be ok to use for FSX.My nvidia 7300gs just died.I use FSX dx10 SP1 SP2, Vista I shut everything down in the background that is NOT NEEDED, and have the lowest settings for FSX. I ran 23 Fps on the 7300gs, and please excuse my ignorance on these matters, don't have much knowledge about video cards at all,really appreciate all helpKind regardsNathan

Hi could anyone please help me know if the Asus 8400GS PCI-E 256MB Video Card would be ok to use for FSX.My nvidia 7300gs just died.I use FSX dx10 SP1 SP2, Vista I shut everything down in the background that is NOT NEEDED, and have the lowest settings for FSX. I ran 23 Fps on the 7300gs, and please excuse my ignorance on these matters, don't have much knowledge about video cards at all,really appreciate all helpKind regardsNathan
Step up to at least 8600GT with 512MB, and go for an 8800GT if at all possible. The 8800GT is the best price/performance value. FSX relies heavily on the CPU, so you might let us know more about your computer. Without adequate CPU power, a good video card won't help.

Art

Step up to at least 8600GT with 512MB, and go for an 8800GT if at all possible. The 8800GT is the best price/performance value. FSX relies heavily on the CPU, so you might let us know more about your computer. Without adequate CPU power, a good video card won't help.
Thanks art,computer i am using mitac dual core 1.8Ghz cpu 2gb mem vista 32bit.Yeah the problem i have is not enough money at the moment. I have gotten good performance with the 7300gs nvidia, would the 8400gs be not as good as the 7300gs? Would it lower the Fps? I always run fsx at the lowest settings, it may not be the idea for some, but I value the smooth frame rate over the details in the game.I know the 8600GT or 8800GT would be the ultimate, but not sure I would be able to afford it here in OZ!Thanks for your help art,kind regardsNathan

ARGH, I hate that! I just gave my daughter my old 7900gs a month ago. It quit and now I have to put in my even older ati 9250 128mb PCI (not-e) until I can afford to get her a better card. Life just keeps happening. I hate it when I can't upgrade, and have to try for similar. The 8400 should be fine, but it would be nice if you could go 512 mb instead of 256.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

computer i am using mitac dual core 1.8Ghz cpu 2gb mem vista 32bit.
Nathan, you are an inspiration to us all. I don't often see posts on this forum where someone is running FSX on minimal hardware and is happy flying with the sliders pulled back. The 8400 will be better than your old GPU, and the CPU will probably limit everything anyway. You will also become DX10 capable.Continue to enjoy.

Art

ARGH, I hate that! I just gave my daughter my old 7900gs a month ago. It quit and now I have to put in my even older ati 9250 128mb PCI (not-e) until I can afford to get her a better card. Life just keeps happening. I hate it when I can't upgrade, and have to try for similar. The 8400 should be fine, but it would be nice if you could go 512 mb instead of 256.Bob
Thanks Bob, and thanks Art....yes i am very simple when it comes the graphics....I have been flying FS, as long as I can remember, those graphics were terribleback in those days!!I have to make do with what I have at the moment, and just love flying, (as close as I can get to the real thing at the moment).many thanksKind regardsNathan