Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Request claification re Beta SP

Hi all,Firstly I have been remiss in posting here, I purchased ASA a few weeks back and (had I any manners) I should have been back here within 24 hours to thank you for such a great application. It's my first activesky experience and I can't for the life of me understand how I enjoyed FS before I had real weather, so thank you!In saying this, I have had the occasional CTD with FSUIPC as the cuplrit. I believe the Beta update will fix this but I don't want to risk any additional complications. The forum searches I've done suggest that the 'major' issues with the beta update relate to those users running ASA on a different machine to FS. Is this an accurate picture of the situation? If I'm running ASA and FS on the same machine will the Beta throw any likely issues in my face?Thanks guys.MarkPS Had my first encounter with wake turbulence last night on short(ish) finals to LSZH, I recovered but wow it was a close call!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Hingham2008
Hi all,Firstly I have been remiss in posting here, I purchased ASA a few weeks back and (had I any manners) I should have been back here within 24 hours to thank you for such a great application. It's my first activesky experience and I can't for the life of me understand how I enjoyed FS before I had real weather, so thank you!In saying this, I have had the occasional CTD with FSUIPC as the cuplrit. I believe the Beta update will fix this but I don't want to risk any additional complications. The forum searches I've done suggest that the 'major' issues with the beta update relate to those users running ASA on a different machine to FS. Is this an accurate picture of the situation? If I'm running ASA and FS on the same machine will the Beta throw any likely issues in my face?Thanks guys.MarkPS Had my first encounter with wake turbulence last night on short(ish) finals to LSZH, I recovered but wow it was a close call!
I have had lots of issues with the BETA update running FS9 and ASA on the same machine. The updating feature is quirky.....If I end a flight to set up new one I have to restart ASA..... I also get quite a few error messages when loading a snapshot etc....a subject I have posted and email directly about.I think that HI-FI should put out something a bit more definitive about an updated release. I often feel that vendors in this area forget that most of are in fact paying customers and much of this software, while wonderful in concept and additive to the FS experience, is expensive on a relative basis. There seems to be a slightly diminished customer service situation going on here at the moment....at least that's my impression. Perhaps much more of the effort is going into a new update....or....I hope that's the case.Regards,Dave

Hi Mark,Thanks for the words!It is a Beta and all the warnings that apply to any Beta apply here also. You can easily go back to the RTM release if you find strange things happening on your machine.Thanks,