Sign in to follow this  
strider

MD-11, new problem with fuel?

I've just ran into a heretofore unseen problem with the MD-11. I'm at the parking area at SBKP and as I try to set up the aircraft I keep getting a window saying my "ZFWCG is out of range". It is not. My ZFWCG is well within limits. After spending several hours trying to figure it out...I finally see my fuel amount "blinking" to 100%...then back to my loaded 33%???" Every time it does this I lose my VSpeeds, I get the "ZFWCG out of range" window opening, and other things go wrong. What is causing the loaded fuel amount to "flash" to 100%, momentarily, screwing up the entire flight prep?? Giant PITA. Victor Buck

Guest diajohn2

Maybe you are parked close to the fuel pump at the airport. That will fill the aircraft.

Maybe you are parked close to the fuel pump at the airport. That will fill the aircraft.
Crap, crap, crap! %7^#0^$@! I am parked right next to a fuel pump! When I saw it I thought "let's see if it gives me 100% being next to it". When it did not do that immediately, as it usually does in other aircraft, I proceeded to forget about it. I feel completely stupid now. I can easily start the flight at a different parking spot...but is there some way to stop the pump from filling the aircraft? It's the only cargo parking at my SBKP and I would like to use it.I am so ######...never even thought about that stupid fuel pump!! :( Victor Buck

I don't think there's any way around it. It's coded into the sim. I imagine that the best you'll get is what you've seen- PMDG fighting FS.

I don't think there's any way around it. It's coded into the sim. I imagine that the best you'll get is what you've seen- PMDG fighting FS.
Usually the aircraft just suddenly goes to 100% fuel when next to a pump and parking brake set. What threw me off was the constant blipping between 33% and 100% fuel...as you mention, PMDG and FS9 battling it out. I suppose I could finagle an "exclude", and remove the pump? Not sure as that only removes the physical texture, me thinks?Anywho, I'm off to the same flight, parking anywhere else! :( Victor Buck

With FSUIPC registered you can disable the fuel pumps within the .INI file. You may want to check and see if the free version will do it, but I think it requires the pay version.Add this line under the [General] section of the .INI:StopAutoFuel=Yes

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

With FSUIPC registered you can disable the fuel pumps within the .INI file. You may want to check and see if the free version will do it, but I think it requires the pay version.Add this line under the [General] section of the .INI:StopAutoFuel=Yes
AHA!! Thanks for the fix, Chris!! I changed it from "No" to "Yes". Gotta love that FSUIPC registered, yes?You da man! Victor Buck

Glad I could help. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know about this setting or remember it. I've always used it.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired