Sign in to follow this  
MSW

How About Some Help Here!

How about some help for some of us that can't get the newest Tileproxy to work? I realize that this isn't payware and you don't owe us anything but maybe if you could give us suggestions or maybe post some kind of beta hot fix to try, the problem could eventually get solved. There is apparently something that was changed for the worse between Beta 7 and Beta 8 that if found could maybe solve the problem. Or maybe if you would post Beta 7 (minus Google Earth) for download again for those of us that never had it, we could at least use Tileproxy.Tileproxy is too excellent of an application to allow only some people to be able to use it without fixing it.Mike

Guest ddrueding

Yeah, because demanding something for nothing will always work. If no-one has helped you yet, it is because we don't know how to help you. We need more information. What is your hardware spec? What does your proxyUser.ini file look like? What information is being shown in the Start TileProxy window? Any errors? You have to show that you've at least made an effort, and used all the existing resources before you can ask for some hand-holding.

Yeah, because demanding something for nothing will always work. If no-one has helped you yet, it is because we don't know how to help you. We need more information. What is your hardware spec? What does your proxyUser.ini file look like? What information is being shown in the Start TileProxy window? Any errors? You have to show that you've at least made an effort, and used all the existing resources before you can ask for some hand-holding.
Yeah, well, if you would look down about 8 posts you will see "Help, No Joy For Me" where I provided that information, yet no one would respond even after I posted on that one three times asking for help. If the information I provided wasn't enough then someone could have asked in a post to provide more. I also PMed the developer and got no resonse. So I decided to start a new post with a little bit of frustration thrown in to get somebody's attention. So far I have been completely ignored.The proxyuser.ini file is the exact one that the user guide has to down load.So, again, I ask for help.Mike

Guest darrincates

I got TP working real good on my PC. Feel free to try elements from my Proxyuser.ini or the whole thing if you think it might help ... sounds like your asking TP to preload to high of a level to start with? Total guess there, but mine was looking pretty crappy until I figured it out.I have mine set up to only preload 15, but have 17 as the max_level ... might work for ya, http://www.mainecustomdesign.com/tileproxy/ProxyUser.INIscreenshotshttp://www.mainecustomdesign.com/tileproxy/

Guest cbuchner1

The funny thing is... The only binary file that changed between Beta 7 and 8.0 is libnettile.dll - to disable access to *.google.comBetween beta 8.0 and it's update (8.1?) I just fixed a few minor things in the main program that broke the Color Hack feature.The driver tileproxy.sys hasn't changed a bit. So technically there should be no reason why Beta 7 would have worked and Beta 8 fails.Christian

Guest darrincates
I just fixed a few minor things in the main program that broke the Color Hack feature.
Jeesh am I glad you did that ... my home town area would look like cr*p if it weren't for color hack .... Maybe MSW should do complete uninstall, and verify all files are gone like the libnettile.dll?Then search registry and delete entries for TileProxy and libnettile.dll? Do a scandisk, then defrag, then reinstall TP?

Jeesh am I glad you did that ... my home town area would look like cr*p if it weren't for color hack .... Maybe MSW should do complete uninstall, and verify all files are gone like the libnettile.dll?Then search registry and delete entries for TileProxy and libnettile.dll? Do a scandisk, then defrag, then reinstall TP?
Thanks for the help.I have already uninstalled and reinstalled (making sure all files and registry are deleted) several times but with no success.I disabled McAfee anti virus protection, firewall and everything else. I used darrincates proxy user file as shown above. But still the same results.When FSX is loading a flight the Individual Tile Accesses always remains at 0, 0.0 per second. Preloaded is 50,000+, hit 0, miss 0 and messages 193.The elliptical areas fill in but I attribute that to the pre-load. The cache for service 3 has texture tiles so they are being retrieved successfully from the service over the internet.This was at Seattle KSEA and all I see is blurred terrain with random squares of water textures of different types and there is no ocean/bay where it is supposed to be. I saw someone say on an older post that these of the Global Map textures and not the texture tiles from within the cache.My OS is XP Pro with SP3, Does it matter if it is SP3 or SP2?Mike

Guest darrincates

ok, so you can see all the .jpgs starting in the folders in cache.service3 ... does your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\TileProxy Photoreal World\0000\SCENERY folders have .BGL and .BGL.on files in them? In FSX under Settings and scenery library, do you see all the new folders at the top of the list? Don't give up, you have ruled out a lot, and maybe this issue can be deduced by keep ruling things out like you have done?

ok, so you can see all the .jpgs starting in the folders in cache.service3 ... does your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\TileProxy Photoreal World\0000\SCENERY folders have .BGL and .BGL.on files in them? In FSX under Settings and scenery library, do you see all the new folders at the top of the list? Don't give up, you have ruled out a lot, and maybe this issue can be deduced by keep ruling things out like you have done?
My TileProxy Photoreal World is in a separate drive G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\TileProxy Photoreal World\0000\Scenery and yes the folders have .BGL and .BGL.on in them.And I have changed the address for the cache files in the Proxy user for the services to reflect the address within the G drive.All of the new folders are at the top of the Scenery Library list and are checked. The World_LOD8 is located at the bottom of that list and is checked.Mike

Guest darrincates
Exactly like my problem described here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...p;#entry1537897After trying all suggestions I gave up.
After running TileProxy for a week now, I would gladly Fdisk, reformat and do a clean install of everything if I couldn't get it to work ... heck, I'd buy another computer if I had to just to get TileProxy working ... it really brings FS to a level I've been waiting for since FS first came out ...

After running TileProxy for a week now, I would gladly Fdisk, reformat and do a clean install of everything if I couldn't get it to work ... heck, I'd buy another computer if I had to just to get TileProxy working ... it really brings FS to a level I've been waiting for since FS first came out ...
Well, I,m not going to get another computer, but I did do a complete reformat and reinstalled XP Pro with SP2 and FSX with Acceleration. After that I installed Tileproxy with no other addons installed and the same problems exist with the added problem that it would occasionally lock up my computer.I know I'm not the only one with problems getting Tileproxy to work. It appears to me that it needs to be completely reworked so that it is more stable and more universally useable by many different systems.That's it for me until a new reworked version comes out, if ever.Mike

Guest cbuchner1
I know I'm not the only one with problems getting Tileproxy to work. It appears to me that it needs to be completely reworked so that it is more stable and more universally useable by many different systems.That's it for me until a new reworked version comes out, if ever.
Yes, reworking TP would be an awful lot of work. The whole driver approach is terribly complex - usually hobbyist programmers don't develop kernel mode drivers at all - in particular filesystem related drivers. It's a highly specialized (and highly paid) business.Not sure if a complete rework will ever happen.Christian

Yes, reworking TP would be an awful lot of work. The whole driver approach is terribly complex - usually hobbyist programmers don't develop kernel mode drivers at all - in particular filesystem related drivers. It's a highly specialized (and highly paid) business.Not sure if a complete rework will ever happen.Christian
I understand what your're saying. Tileproxy has a lot of potential but for whatever reason it just doesn't like my system. I do appreciate what work has been done on it to date and maybe in the future when I update my system I'll give it another try.Thanks!Mike

My TileProxy Photoreal World is in a separate drive G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\TileProxy Photoreal World\0000\Scenery and yes the folders have .BGL and .BGL.on in them.And I have changed the address for the cache files in the Proxy user for the services to reflect the address within the G drive.All of the new folders are at the top of the Scenery Library list and are checked. The World_LOD8 is located at the bottom of that list and is checked.Mike
If you ask me that's the problem: lots of apps don't like different drives. It's like using embedded sentences with a mentally retarded individual.