Sign in to follow this  

For Scott Brazell

Guest Mike20

I cannot understand why you felt you had to move my post to another place when I have seen posts exactly like mine asking for assistance with a card driver and nearly all have recieved help for there post on this forum regards Mike ps I have also seen posts that had nothing to do with FS on this forum and they too were not moved just my thoughts Scott.pps you can lock this one now

Scott didn't move your message, I did. Yes, you are right. There has been an increasing amount of hardware related posts in this forum, and its time to put them in the correct forum. With the new move function that we have, it is easier for the mods to do that, and we have started to enforce previously requested (numerous) use of the proper forum.

Guest Dominique

>There has been an increasing amount of hardware related posts>in this forum, and its time to put them in the correct forum.Most of the hardware issues are raised by owners of a specific sim and related implicitly to their sim.Each sim has its own idiosyncrasies. What an a fly!er or FU3er thinks about such or such driver/video adapter or yoke or you name it, is not very relevant for us using FS2K2. And the other way round I guess (I was a fly!er not long ago :))It makes then more sense IMO to have hardware issues in a sim forum instead than in a generic hardware forum.And then again so many forums to consult already and so little time ...Dominique

Guest PaulL01

>It makes then more sense IMO to have hardware issues in a sim>forum instead than in a generic hardware forum.>>And then again so many forums to consult already and so little>time ...>>DominiqueI would have to side with you Dominique, even those that raised a ruckus concerning this where caught posting their hardware/fs related questions in here. I guess whats most important depends on whether you are trying to run Flightsim-xxx or a forum. (Hi Tom!) Ouch! Hey..Ouch!! Hey man...Ouch!!! quit smacking me with that- Ouch!!! -mop!

Guest ba747heavy

I agree with the above, but I also agree with Tom. There is a hardware forum, and hardware questions belong in the hardware forum. The ppl from the FS forum can visit the hardware forum, and help the FSer. The ppl from the FLY! forum can help the FLY!ers in the hardware forum, etc.

I couldn't agree more Dominique. The hardware forum has never made much sense to me. If it's being posted by an MSFS-user I'd rather see everything in one place. It's not all that hard to sort out what you want to read and ignore the rest. I think it's very difficult to separate hardware and software issues with MSFS. The performance of video cards, drivers, CPU's, physical memory, sound cards, etc, is so intertwined with the program itself that separating the two seems a bit futile. Besides, a huge percentage of the problems folks have with MSFS are performance, not function, related and most all of those performance issues are hardware-related in one form or another. Seems like it would be a time-saving move all around if the two forums were again combined. (Soapbox mode now off).Trip

Same here. I very rarely visit forums such as a hardware forum, but can easily pick up interesting & useful bit's of information by "accident" on this one.L.Adamson

Yes, that's another good point Larry. I count count the number of times I've stumbled across "good stuff" just by browsing through posts. Much easier when all the posts are in one place.Trip

Trip and Larry,I have to side with you guys on this one too. I can't tell you how many times I have picked some useful tip about HARDWARE right here on this forum. Until Tom made us all aware of the HW Forum, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been there. I go the PIC Forum, beause I fly the PIC 767, I go to the Active Sky forum because I use it. I do the Radar Contact forum everyday because I was on the beta team.Issue that relate to MS FS2XXX for what ever reason SW or HW I do look to this forum for advice. Tom may correct me on this one, but I bet this is the most heavy hit of all the forums just for that reason.I agree that stuff like what is going on with processors, memory, hard drives, yokes, joysticks etc should go to the HW forum. But specific issues with drivers and video cards are so much of our daily lives in FS2X it should be part of this forum. Just my 2 centsBob

I agree with the majority here. I read, with interest, all the hardware related posts that apply to FS2002 and have learned a great deal. Please leave them here Tom

Yes. Please leave them here.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest georgi55

and we have started to enforce previously>requested (numerous) use of the proper forum.Well thanks god for that. When I suggested people to use Hardware forum for hardware related issues rather in hereI almost got flamed with bunch of disagreements.

Guest Mike20

Well bully for you all, I wonder how many of you people out there have never made a mistake and just to clear one point the question was related to FS2k2 and I did not know about the hardware forum thanks a bunch regards Mike

Guest georgi55

Mike, please don't take me wrong, I am talking about in general,I am not trying to make big deal of your mistake. :)

Hi Bob,>I agree that stuff like what is going on with processors, memory, hard drives, yokes, joysticks etc should go to the HW forum. But specific issues with drivers and video cards are so much of our daily lives in FS2X it should be part of this forum. Just my 2 centshttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg