Sign in to follow this  
JasonD210

STARS and VREF Landing speed

HiThe Level D 767 is the best aircraft I have for FS2004. It reminds me of the Aerowinx PS2, in terms of its systems simulation and flight model. I also I liked the community behind it. Unfortunately, I changed by email address last year, and have since not been able to log on to the Level D 767 forum because I cannot remember my password for it. I cannot re-register the same aircraft under a different account. So, I thought I'd ask my questions here instead.The first is regarding STARS. I loaded a STARS database that including Manchester UK, and tried using LNAV to fly it - and there was no way the aircraft could hold to that procedure. The turns were two sharp and it didn't seem to understand when to start turning - like it wanted to go to the way point and then do a 90 degree turn. Anyone experienced this problem, and if so, how can I fix it?The second question is regarding landing speeds. If you fill the FMC correctly, and put the weight in there, you get some VREFs. Are these actual speeds the 767 can land it, or do I need to subtract 5 knots or something? The reason I ask is that sometimes, during autoland, the aircraft has not landed correctly, but kind of got stuck in ground effect and gliding down the runway at twenty feet. So I'm wondering if my landing speed is too high.ThanksJason

Unfortunately, I changed by email address last year, and have since not been able to log on to the Level D 767 forum because I cannot remember my password for it. I cannot re-register the same aircraft under a different account.
Jason,If you know your username, contact me at the Level-D forum and I can reset your password.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest georges_k

Sorry...this is a mistake post. I posted on my friend's account who was stilled logged in (He is a polish guy who is interested in flight simming - just getting him started with forums and so on. You can delete this message...)Jason

Hi DarylThanks for writing back.I must say I find it very confusing with security controls regarding the Level D forums. My name there used to be Jason210 or JasonDD or something like that. My new name there is mister_benn. I opening a Flight 1 ticket a while ago, and received a mail from Steve Halpern who said my flight 1 products were now associated with my new emaill address - but I still cannot access the user forums over at level d.'I'm going to try again now.Jason

PM sent at Level-D forum with username and pw details.For the record, it's not confusing. One just needs to write the login name and password information down on a little piece of paper. :(

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

PM sent at Level-D forum with username and pw details.For the record, it's not confusing. One just needs to write the login name and password information down on a little piece of paper. :(
Thanks. So long as you write them down, it's ok, but I have so many accounts all over the place, it's easy to forget. I also have three or four email addresses, so if I don't write stuff down there are a lot of permutations to consider...