Sign in to follow this  
Guest LittleJoe

can't use Keyboard command in the PMDG tab of fsx

Guest LittleJoe

Hello everyone, 1st time posting... I just got my CP back from a repairman and since then i'm having 2 problems with the 747x. 1st. I can't use the Keyboard command in the pmdg tab. every other tab works fine. 2nd. i can't hear the C/P callouts on Takeoffs and Landings. i have everything selected in the sound portions of the general tab. Before sending my computer in, everything work fine but now i can't get these 2 features to work. i have the md-11 and everything works fine for that airplane. So does anyone have any ideas??? ThanksJoe

Joe, not sure I've got the question. "I can't use the keyboard commands" does this mean you cannot open the keycommands window or assigned keycommands do not work?If you have Vista, you need to assign admin rights to the pmdg folder/subfolders to allow the keyboard.ini file to work.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest LittleJoe

your right about the top part. i can't open the tab or assign keyboard command. How do i "assign admin rights"?? and no i don't have vistaThanks DownsccJoe

Admin rights is a Vista issue, not your problem then.If the options menu is not working then something has clobbered the pmdg options dll file. Use control panel to remove the 747 and then do a fresh install. I think that might help in this case.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest LittleJoe

i have...3 times :( i guess i will do it again and delete everything for pmdg. i've also noticed something else that isn't working... When i do the fire handle test, it only lights up with no bells. o well something else i can add to not working right :( Thanks anywaysJoei have...3 times :( i guess i will do it again and delete everything for pmdg. i've also noticed something else that isn't working... When i do the fire handle test, it only lights up with no bells. o well something else i can add to not working right B) Thanks anywaysJoe

Guest LittleJoe

hey, i got it to work. After the 4th re-install it finally worked. All sound and keyboard config tab work :)Thanks for all the replies.Joe