Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

FSWidgets

I am interrested by the flying maps of FSWidgets.But there seem to be a big limitation: FSX fullscreen is NOT supported.I know that the product can be executed on a client PC. But where does the map appears: on the main PC or client PC ?If the map can be displayed on the client PC then it is O.K.Can anybody who has any experience with this product give me some comments ?

Roger

See my specs in my profile

I am interrested by the flying maps of FSWidgets.But there seem to be a big limitation: FSX fullscreen is NOT supported.I know that the product can be executed on a client PC. But where does the map appears: on the main PC or client PC ?If the map can be displayed on the client PC then it is O.K.Can anybody who has any experience with this product give me some comments ?
Best bet is to check the FSWidgets site for support and questions.http://www.fswidgets.com

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi Roger,I really love this program. I have it networked on a client machine. It uses Simconnect. The map will appear on the client machine, and that is where you must install it too. It is only 800x600 resolution, so it will not fill up the complete screen on a large monitor. I have it on a 14" monitor, which is set to 800x 600, so it fits perfect. Bill

Hi Roger,I really love this program. I have it networked on a client machine. It uses Simconnect. The map will appear on the client machine, and that is where you must install it too. It is only 800x600 resolution, so it will not fill up the complete screen on a large monitor. I have it on a 14" monitor, which is set to 800x 600, so it fits perfect. Bill
Thank you Bill. Exactly the info I needed.

Roger

When you run the network, you might consider to move other addons to the client as well. It frees up resources on your FSX PC and your main screen stays clean. I have FSCommander (FSUIPC/WideFS), REX, ASA, MovingMap, AISmooth and two different Gmap versions (all via SimConnect) running on the client PC. Works like a charm !

When you run the network, you might consider to move other addons to the client as well. It frees up resources on your FSX PC and your main screen stays clean. I have FSCommander (FSUIPC/WideFS), REX, ASA, MovingMap, AISmooth and two different Gmap versions (all via SimConnect) running on the client PC. Works like a charm !
Yes me too except for AISmooth. I had the impression it needed to be on the main PC. I will look into this.By getting the main PC rid of all uneaded services and programs I do get usually around 34 fps and at very busy airports it can go down to more or less 20-25 fps. Many sliders to the right or 50 %, a few to the left. I also use two monitors with the main PC.

Roger