Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacobKoziarz

TripleHead2Go TH2Go WideViewAspect=False Taxi Street Traffic lights issues

Guest JacobKoziarz

I have already posted this under in the Home Cockpit forum - but not even one reply - I guess not a very popular forum.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=242430Hopefully I can receive some answers here:Is anyone running TH2Go with WideViewAspect=True with no edge distortion (horizontal stretching on side monitors - all screenshots under link posted) ???I tried replacing 1680x1059 widescreens with 1280x1024 standards to no avail. Only when I set WideViewAspect=False did the stretching disappear !!! That's against all the advice and TH2Go optimization. Although stretching dissapears, the default zoom in VC is so huge that I have to Ctrl-Enter to move back in the cockpit to move back away from the instruments - which feels like stepping back into the back of the cockpit. Although I prefer this over stretching - I'd appreciate any comments from other TH2Go users.In addition - has anyone managed to fix the overstretched taxi, street and AI traffic lights ? This fix does not address taxi, street and AI traffic lights ? I have UTX and adjusted lights to 25%, but the red and yellow bulbs are still like balloons.[DISPLAY]RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=.7 //scales edge, center, end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=.7 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=.7 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=.7 //scales RAILs and ODALs)Thanks.Jacob...

Is anyone running TH2Go with WideViewAspect=True with no edge distortion (horizontal stretching on side monitors - all screenshots under link posted) ???I tried replacing 1680x1059 widescreens with 1280x1024 standards to no avail. Only when I set WideViewAspect=False did the stretching disappear !!! That's against all the advice and TH2Go optimization. Although stretching disappears, the default zoom in VC is so huge that I have to Ctrl-Enter to move back in the cockpit to move back away from the instruments - which feels like stepping back into the back of the cockpit. Although I prefer this over stretching - I'd appreciate any comments from other TH2Go users.In addition - has anyone managed to fix the overstretched taxi, street and AI traffic lights ? This fix does not address taxi, street and AI traffic lights ? I have UTX and adjusted lights to 25%, but the red and yellow bulbs are still like balloons.[DISPLAY]RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=.7 //scales edge, center, end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=.7 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=.7 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=.7 //scales RAILs and ODALs)Jacob...
Hi Jacob; Yes, I am running TH2G with 3 x 19" monitors, 3840 x 1024 total:-UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=24WideViewAspect=TrueRUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.4 //1.0RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.2 // 0.5 // 0.8RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.4 // 0.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.7 // 1.2I also have my UT lights at 25% and yet still had the balloons: I eventually turned them off, as I couldn't fix it. They looked ridiculous. My VC looks quite normal, external or internal, and this is how I fly. 2D is stretched, but I don't use it, so no loss.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thanks for reply Paul.Could you reply with a screenshot of your VC ? You have no visible stretching on the side monitors at all with WideViewAspect set to True ?

I presume you have located and installed the revised halo.bmp file which some folks are happy with. Several versions were available in the library here.I found (in FS9 with TH2GO and 3x1280x1024) that in my usual 0.31 zoom virtual cockpit I had to reduce the runway lights scalar values to very very low figures - 0.05 or even 0.005 in one case. Try some lower values and see what you prefer. Such low values were not necessary at more moderate zooms. I presume that FSX performs in a similar manner, but I haven't tried modifying FSX parameters.The horizontal stretching you are experiencing with the TH2GO and 3 widescreen monitors may simply be a function of the way FS calculates and displays very wide images. It assumes the image is on a large flat wall in front of you, not a cylinder centred on the observer. This means it take a lot more screen width to cover 10 degrees at the edge of the display than it does to cover 10 degrees at the middle of the display.--Bryn

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thanks for comments. I tried ath5.zip - kept the spotlight bmp modification but prefered default halo.bmp to the modified one. What I'm dying to know is thou - is anyone running WideViewAspect=False to enjoy virtually no stretching on side monitors ?

Thanks for comments. I tried ath5.zip - kept the spotlight bmp modification but prefered default halo.bmp to the modified one. What I'm dying to know is thou - is anyone running WideViewAspect=False to enjoy virtually no stretching on side monitors ?
i have the same problem you are having with the sides being stretched and i am using smaller 15" non wide screen monitors (3072x768) and i have my widescreen= true as well because making it false felt like my face was being pushed intot he windshild. i may try using it with false and using the ctl+ent idea to see what it looks like as well.as for the UTX problem, i dont believe there is a fix for it right now, the halo.bmp that was out is for FS9 and according to NickN, will not work in FSX properly. that is something the UTX crew may have to selve.

follow up question-i went into the FSX.CFG file and changed the true to false under the widwscreen and saved it but i dont see any change, i recall what the cocpit looked like bedfore when i first got the TH2Go and i was right on the glass. do i have to change something in the TH2Go info?

Guest JacobKoziarz

you really did not observe the drastic disappearance of stretching with =False ??? did you see my screenshots under link included in my first post under this thread ?i don't get this anymore - i'm glad i can fly with no stretching, but still would like to get to the bottom of this.to answer your question: i only optimized fsx via the sgu utilility for my resolution of 3840 x 1024, which of course sets it to True and then manually set it to False. like you mention - zoom is in your face, but that can be alleviated by ctrl-enter to move back and shift-enter to move up and ctrl- shift- backspace for reverse, respectively. My screenshots clearly demonstrate drastically reduced stretching (the 747 parked on the left).i guess we can forget about taxi, AI and street lights, but I'm surprised the False move doesn't work for you.Do you have the TH2Go Digital ???

Guest JimBrown

I'm also a TH2Go user (and I love it.)I do get some stretching at the edges, but I believe that is a function of the way FSX displays the view. The more you zoom out, the worse it gets. It's like a fisheye lens. I also suspect that the WideAspect setting simply modifies the zoom level at 1.00. If you have it set to False and then zoom out to be able to see the cockpit, the farthest you can go is 0.30. If you then set it to true, the 1.00 level is actually a zoom level slight less than 0.30 with it set to false. You can then zoom out even further. But, as I said, the further you zoom out, the worse the fisheye effect becomes. As far as I know, there is nothing that can be done about that.As for the lights with the TH2Go, I also found them to be ridiculously large. Fortunately, I was able to obtain an edited Halo.bmp that fixed it for me. Keep in mind that the Halo.bmp file is used for runway, taxiway, vasi, papi, landing, beacon, strobe and probably a few other lights. And I believe UTX lights also use it. For some reason, the light system does not scale the lights properly when changing resolutions, and with the ultrawide resolutions we're using, it really shows up. The edited halo.bmp I have has the four light sources scaled down by quite a lot. I'd say by about a factor of 8 or so. It's working well for me. Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to distribute it.Regards,...jim

Jqcob, i am using the digital version of TH2Go. when i first used it i was way up in the cockpit and someone reminded me to go into the CFG to change false to true. i did that and it made a huge difference but i got the side stretch. now when i go back to change true to false, it did not place me way up in the cockpit like it did before, and i can still see exactly the same width of the cockpit like i did before. going into the GSU shows it as false as well but also shows my screen resolution as 3840x1024, though my monitor doesnt go above 768.

Thanks for reply Paul.Could you reply with a screenshot of your VC ? You have no visible stretching on the side monitors at all with WideViewAspect set to True ?
CLMPGear upClimbing out, CrosswindThar ya go. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Jim,I love your profile pic - the best !!! hahahaahOnce again - please refer to my screenshots posted under the link at the beginning. Parked 747s demonstrate that at False setting the stretching disappears, but you gotta ctrl-enter to move back to adjust for the reduced zoom. Do all of you really fly with True ??? I guess you don't mind. I'd rather have no stretching and move back with ctrl-enter. I just wanted to make sure that my setup is ok.Once again - thank you very much for your comments.Still - I'm so happy with TH2Go setup - mon dieu - what a difference it makes.Happy simming guys !!!Jacob.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Paul J,I have the same settings as you. 1280x1024x60Hz at 5:4.R u telling us that you have no stretching at all (it looks perfect just like mine with false) with true ?I'm lost - my brain is melting. What am I missing ?Paul J - did you see my screenshots under the link i attached at the beginning (747 on the left) ?

Paul J,I have the same settings as you. 1280x1024x60Hz at 5:4.R u telling us that you have no stretching at all (it looks perfect just like mine with false) with true ?I'm lost - my brain is melting. What am I missing ?Paul J - did you see my screenshots under the link i attached at the beginning (747 on the left) ?
Yes - I saw them, Jacob. I have no stretching with it set to "true". I have seen that same stretching - those first two shots - at varying times, though, and have seen it in a single monitor as well as the TH2Go - but only once every six months, perhaps - and have no idea what causes it! The other shots look pretty normal. Are you using TrackIR as well? There was one thing in your comments that I noticed - "use Ctrl-Enter to move back Ctrl-BackSpace to move forward, Shift-Enter to move up and Shift-BackSpace to move down." I use TrackIR and only ever use the "+" and the "-" to zoom in and out - and then only in the external views. It's an expensive little addon, but it puts one completely into the cockpit. Hope this all helps. It's no fun suffering like this! :(

I hope you guys don't mind if I compare an alternative configuration.I've got 3 22" widescreen monitors connected directly to my 2 GTX 280 cards. I have a fourth 4:3 monitor connected to the remaining port which I use for displaying GPS, radios and such. I have been thinking about getting a TH2Go but I've been looking at your screenies and now I'm not so sure.The thing I like best about patching directly to the cards is that I get a greater than 180 degree peripheral view which I don't see you guys getting with your TH2Go. I don't get any distortion since the side views are just rotated front views which have been undocked and dragged into position. On the negative side there is a little discontinuity between views as you pan around, and any screenshots you want to take have to be assembled manually; there's no encompassing screenshot ability. Also you'll see from the screenie that if wings are in front of you they'll seem to point forwards which is a bit odd, but I've gotten used to that.On the whole I think I prefer the > 180 degree views because I can look from left to right without touching any controls.

Mike Beckwith