Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacobKoziarz

TripleHead2Go TH2Go WideViewAspect=False Taxi Street Traffic lights issues

I hope you guys don't mind if I compare an alternative configuration.I've got 3 22" widescreen monitors connected directly to my 2 GTX 280 cards. I have a fourth 4:3 monitor connected to the remaining port which I use for displaying GPS, radios and such. I have been thinking about getting a TH2Go but I've been looking at your screenies and now I'm not so sure.The thing I like best about patching directly to the cards is that I get a greater than 180 degree peripheral view which I don't see you guys getting with your TH2Go. I don't get any distortion since the side views are just rotated front views which have been undocked and dragged into position. On the negative side there is a little discontinuity between views as you pan around, and any screenshots you want to take have to be assembled manually; there's no encompassing screenshot ability. Also you'll see from the screenie that if wings are in front of you they'll seem to point forwards which is a bit odd, but I've gotten used to that.On the whole I think I prefer the > 180 degree views because I can look from left to right without touching any controls.
Hmmm... that's a different view for sure, Mike; I do like the wrap-around concept, and actually thought that's how I would have to set up the monitors initially, but a straight wing became kinked when I did it so I straightened them out. It then looked quite normal, with TrackIR taking care of any field of vision issues. Your eyes focus on what you want to see and the rest becomes unfocused peripheral vision. (It's not "unfocused" - blurry - you're just not looking directly at it). Your head moves and you see exactly as if you were in the cockpit. Apart from TIR's acceleration "jumpiness", the only bit that's an annoying limitation - and it's no fault of TIR - is the pitch mode of TIR, and it's caused by the lack of monitor height: 1024 is a bit (sic) restrictive. It would be nice to have monitors that were 23" high - say 1920 by about 4950. I think that combination with TIR would be incredible! Maybe 3 x 22" or 24" rotated 90 deg. would do it? :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It would be nice to have monitors that were 23" high - say 1920 by about 4950. I think that combination with TIR would be incredible! Maybe 3 x 22" or 24" rotated 90 deg. would do it? :(
Ha! Yeah. Maybe you mean
rig. Maybe the day'll come when you've got a dozen monitors wrapped around you. Maybe!

Mike Beckwith

Ha! Yeah. Maybe you mean
rig. Maybe the day'll come when you've got a dozen monitors wrapped around you. Maybe!
:( $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest JimBrown
Once again - please refer to my screenshots posted under the link at the beginning. Parked 747s demonstrate that at False setting the stretching disappears, but you gotta ctrl-enter to move back to adjust for the reduced zoom.
The stretching is directly related to the zoom level. The more you zoom out, the more it stretches.The WideAspect setting simply changes the zoom level that is seen at 1.00. When set to true, a 1.00 zoom level is equivalent to a zoom level of about 0.25 when it is set to false. Since you can't zoom out any further than 0.30, in either mode, when you do zoom out to 0.30 with WideAspect set to true, you're seeing what would be a zoom level of 0.10 with it set to false. Hence, great amounts of stretching.In your pic with WideAspect set to true, I notice that you have the zoom at 0.30.
Do all of you really fly with True ??? I guess you don't mind. I'd rather have no stretching and move back with ctrl-enter. I just wanted to make sure that my setup is ok.
I always fly with it set to true. In my SF260, the zoom level is set at 1.00. Very little stretching. In the 737, I may zoom out to 0.80 to see more of the panel. A bit more stretching, but still not too bad. I also use TrackIR, so I don't have to be able to see the entire panel all the time.
Still - I'm so happy with TH2Go setup - mon dieu - what a difference it makes.
Roger that! And with a TrackIR, it's even better!...jim

I hope you guys don't mind if I compare an alternative configuration.I've got 3 22" widescreen monitors connected directly to my 2 GTX 280 cards. I have a fourth 4:3 monitor connected to the remaining port which I use for displaying GPS, radios and such. I have been thinking about getting a TH2Go but I've been looking at your screenies and now I'm not so sure.The thing I like best about patching directly to the cards is that I get a greater than 180 degree peripheral view which I don't see you guys getting with your TH2Go. I don't get any distortion since the side views are just rotated front views which have been undocked and dragged into position. On the negative side there is a little discontinuity between views as you pan around, and any screenshots you want to take have to be assembled manually; there's no encompassing screenshot ability. Also you'll see from the screenie that if wings are in front of you they'll seem to point forwards which is a bit odd, but I've gotten used to that.On the whole I think I prefer the > 180 degree views because I can look from left to right without touching any controls.
Agreed- there is nothing that compares with a wide Field of View. Each FS view covers only 45

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thanks a lot to all for replies and screenshots. I guess the issues still remain mysterious and unresolved, but as long we all fly happy...