Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

MANHATTAN X

Hi, Just so the guys who missed it as I did, MANHATTAN X, the minimum hardware required is at least duel core chip.Tony :(

Hi, Just so the guys who missed it as I did, MANHATTAN X, the minimum hardware required is at least duel core chip.Tony :(
I have a dual core E6600 OCed to 3.3Ghz ...but everytime I fly in that area in about 10 minutes I get a CTD (insufficient memory). I already have the WinXP 2.5/3G memory switch.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

With my Q6600@3.2/6G RAM/Vista64/BFG260I get some stuttering in the sound but accepted performance otherwise (12+ fps) no AI.

I have a dual core E6600 OCed to 3.3Ghz ...but everytime I fly in that area in about 10 minutes I get a CTD (insufficient memory). I already have the WinXP 2.5/3G memory switch.Manny
Manny, Do I understand correctly, that you are running the Aeorsoft Manhattan scenery? I'm running almos the same as you ... E6700 at 3.6 Ghz with the 2.5/3G switch. I'm assuming you are getting a slide show when running. I just purchased Megascenery [but not installed yet] for New York. Then I saw the Manhattan scenery released. Sounds like I probably don't have enough horsepower for the Aerosoft. Are you getting a slide show when before the CTD?Thanks, Steve

I can't get within 10 miles of Manhattan X when my system runs out of available memory......preceded by frames lowering rapidly. If I try to start the sim anywhere in New York City or even at KEWR (Newark), I get a total SLIDESHOW and spikes in my video.I have a good system too that normally gives me great frame rates. It's a dual-core, 4 gig system purchased only about a year ago. Have an 8800Gt card, the very latest Nvidia Drivers, and a clean system (regular defragging).I uninstalled Manhattan X and will try to re-install it, but if anyone knows a way around this, I'd appreciate a tip.

Hi GuysThere is a patch on the way for Manhattan X. Check out the Aerosoft post here.Konrad

Konrad

I can't get within 10 miles either. I have asked for help on the Aerosoft forum, but it seems there's nothing can help but the forthcoming update.

Aerosoft have now released the patch for ManhattanX.Konrad

Konrad

Aerosoft have now released the patch for ManhattanX.Konrad
Those of you guys who have the ManhattanX, please post here ASAP if you think the patch helps frame rates at all. I'm trying to decide whether or not to spring for it. My system specs ... E6700 at 3.6 gHz/8800GTX while pretty good for FSX in general, seem VERY marginal for what ManhattanX is demanding.Thanks ahead of time,Steve

Downloading now....very slow download. I'm really looking forward to it, and will post about it's performance.

Downloading now....very slow download. I'm really looking forward to it, and will post about it's performance.
Thanks Stan ... looking forward. Steve

Guest Tingoose
Thanks Stan ... looking forward. Steve

Just installed ManhattanX + Patch. FPS increased significantly but in DX9 it is still a pain (fps around 15-20 but extreme stutters every 1-2 seconds). But, with DX10 - WOW! Runs very smooth now and even higher fps.specs: q6700@3.5, 4g, 260gtx, win7x64beta, FSXacc.Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just installed ManhattanX + Patch. FPS increased significantly but in DX9 it is still a pain (fps around 15-20 but extreme stutters every 1-2 seconds). But, with DX10 - WOW! Runs very smooth now and even higher fps.specs: q6700@3.5, 4g, 260gtx, win7x64beta, FSXacc.Harry
Thanks, Harry ...Oh, oh ... looks like I need to do an install on Vista to have DX-10. Just for New York??? Hmmm. I am in dual boot, but gave up on Dx10 some time ago, and re-installed in XP. I am running DX9 on right now.. Does the Win 7X beta (if you are allowed to say) give any kind of boost, do you think?Steve

Yes, I use now dx10 for nyc and other areas where I have stutters with dx9. I'm not sure about win7, feels like it runs fsx smoother than vista does, but no change with frame rates. There was a thread in the orbx or ftx forum from one of the moderators who shared some experiences with the win7-fsx combination.Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).