Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

OAT Indication where it doesn't belong

I am having fun with the MD-11 for FS9. Best PMDG release so far. Especially because it isn't performance hungry.During my last flight from Astana to Shanghai i had the random failures on and got myself a failing Pack 3. The system was automatically shut down, however upon looking at the Air Monitor I noticed something odd about the temperature of the forward cargo compartment.The temperature shown was the OAT, which at that time was -63

Look at the air schematic in the system manual on page 80.3 and you see that forward cargo air is supplied by pack 3 unless you open the isolation valve to allow air in from pack 1.I wouldn't expect the temp in that pressurized space to get down to OAT... that might be a problem, but it would get pretty cold down there. Open ISO 1-3. I haven't checked, did the consequence screen provide info?

Dan Downs KCRP

Look at the air schematic in the system manual on page 80.3 and you see that forward cargo air is supplied by pack 3 unless you open the isolation valve to allow air in from pack 1.I wouldn't expect the temp in that pressurized space to get down to OAT... that might be a problem, but it would get pretty cold down there. Open ISO 1-3. I haven't checked, did the consequence screen provide info?
No consequence information. It was a pretty low alert, probably just a 2. The system took care of itself. I experimented a bit and switched to manual, turning the pack back on, which quickly gave me an overheating duct. You can still see it cooling down in the screenshot.I do expect some cooldown in the compartment. But down to OAT? Shouldn't it stay at TAT?Let's just hope there were no animals in that compartment. ;)

No consequence information. It was a pretty low alert, probably just a 2. The system took care of itself. I experimented a bit and switched to manual, turning the pack back on, which quickly gave me an overheating duct. You can still see it cooling down in the screenshot.I do expect some cooldown in the compartment. But down to OAT? Shouldn't it stay at TAT?Let's just hope there were no animals in that compartment. ;)
Hold temperatures will not cool down to the OAT, if heating is not available. TAT is no reference either.Fwd and Aft Cargo compartments are still ventilated by Cabin air, routed through these compartments, before it leaves the Outflow valve. But sure, it gets much colder.Regards,Harry