Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Spolier Detents and Key Assignment

Is there a way to assign a yoke or even a key assignment for spoiler detents? I would to be able to press a key and go in steps to each detent and back, since opening the pedestal is kind of a PITA everytime during descent.Maybe a feature that could be included in the PMDG options menu. I didn't see a way to do it with FSUIPC registered either. FS9, BTW. I tried last night with no success.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I have an axis on my CH Throttle Quadrant assigned to spoilers, and it works fine for the MD-11. You still have to do shift-/ to arm them, but it works fine for the detents. I don't know about a button assignment, but axis does work.-stefan

I had CH yoke, throttles and pedals and have switched to Saitek ( same equipment). I programed ( CH too) through FSUIPC. You have to assign the axis then calibrate. For Saitek, I assigned the reversers to buttons ( since they show up as buttons even though they are on the throttle). Which product are you using?RegardsRichie Walsh

Richie Walsh

I have the CH Yoke. I tried with FSUIPC, using the section that seemed to allow for detents, but it kept wanting to engage fully. Maybe I wasn't doing something right. The drop-down box had several spoiler options, but the only one that worked was for spoiler ext or similar. I couldn't get the spoiler incremental to do anything.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I have the CH Yoke. I tried with FSUIPC, using the section that seemed to allow for detents, but it kept wanting to engage fully. Maybe I wasn't doing something right. The drop-down box had several spoiler options, but the only one that worked was for spoiler ext or similar. I couldn't get the spoiler incremental to do anything.
I use the CH throttle quadrant and assign an axis to the spoiler.But I dont use detentes. I set it up so the spoiler deploys relative to the movement of the CH axis lever. ie move the CH lever a little and the spoilers deploy a little; move the lever a lot and the spoilers deploy a lot. Far more realistic surely ?

Peter Schluter

You have to assign the axis's in FSUIPC. Delete them in FS. After assigning them, go to calibrate. I had no problems when using FSUIPC. Using FS assignments or the CH manager caused headaches. FSUIPC is a great program most people barely use it or even look at it.

Richie Walsh

You have to assign the axis's in FSUIPC. Delete them in FS. After assigning them, go to calibrate. I had no problems when using FSUIPC. Using FS assignments or the CH manager caused headaches. FSUIPC is a great program most people barely use it or even look at it.
So your saying that the FS and windows or CH assignments will cause problems with trying to use spoilers this way? I've used FSUIPC to fine tune the rudders, brakes, and other aspects of my controllers, but never had a problem. I just have trouble with spoiler assignments in jets. I guess I can try removing them, but how? Doesn't XP or even FS automatically try to find them?I do use FSUIPC as much as I can, but I find a few of the features a bit confusing. The manual isn't all that great at explaining some things either IMO.
I use the CH throttle quadrant and assign an axis to the spoiler.But I dont use detentes. I set it up so the spoiler deploys relative to the movement of the CH axis lever. ie move the CH lever a little and the spoilers deploy a little; move the lever a lot and the spoilers deploy a lot. Far more realistic surely ?
I don't know, but it seems that if PMDG modelled the detents, then perhaps it only allows detents from 1/3, 2/3 and full position, then ground. Even the manual makes it sound this way.

- Chris

The way to disable the controls in FS is to go to the Controls area and uncheck the box. They will then be disabled there and your FSUIPC will be the only thing controlling them. This is how you run two CH yokes plugged into the sim at the same time for full size 'pits that dont yet have a mechanical link/crossover.

Hello,I have that problem also, but how do you do that while using FSCUIPC ?I have the registred version 3.90Thanks in advance,Marc

The spoilers work fine if you assign them in FSUIPC (use direct and select spoilers in the drop down box) Just dont expect them to work properly while you are on the ground. If you try them on the ground they will deploy fully as soon as you move the axis, they work fine in the air though. Also don't forget that you can still assign keys to items that don't have key definition entries in the PMDG keyboard interface by using the registered version of FSUIPC and its mouse macro facility.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest CX355

I use Saitek units but as others here have indicated should be no problem w/ CH products, Your range of movement will be much less. Mark your lever detents on unit as per MD-11 1/3 2/3 Full. Vincent