Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 drivers

Hi Folks, I have a question for the more technical amongst you. I have the Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 card, whihc has driver ver 2.8.3.2. After installing Direct X 9 (that was automatic ) I received a message to say my cards drivers were old. Visting the Nvidia site it does seem as if there are some new drivers - ver 43.45. My question - has anyone installed them? and is it easy! I am not the worlds best PC guru, so want to make sure this would be nice and simple. Also some one told me I had to install a 'detonator' program first? I couldn't mail Nvidia to ask so was hopeing someone here may be able to help.Any advice would be appreciated. Keith

Guest Rob

Hi Kaith,To install the drivers, firstly download them from the nVidia website, dependant upon your operating system.Then, right-click on the Windows Desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, Adapter, Properties, Driver, Uninstall. When prompted to reboot, twice, don't.Then once back at the Windows desktop, go to Control Panel / Add/Remove Software / nVidia Display Drivers. When prompted to reboot. Do so.Once rebooted, install the drivers you downloaded by clicking the .EXE. Once installed, re-establish your resolution and refresh rate settings and voila.

Hi Keith,I've been using the 43.45 drivers for a total of about 45 hours since I installed a new Ti4200. Excellent so far, no crashes etc.Howard

Guest Markyboy

If you want to use your card with antialiasing then i suggest that instead of the 43.45 drivers you choose either the 40.72 or 41.09 drivers. The 43.45 work fine without aa enabled but cause problems otherwise.Markyboy.

Hi Keith,These guys have told you correctly the new 43.45 driver will work fine with your nVidia 4200 card, it sure does on mine. The only reason I went back to the 30.82 version driver on my system is a somewhat slow response to changing views from front to side.I fly the PIC/POSKY 767 and when I change from front to front/righ or left I get a momentary pause with the 43.45 that I don't get with the 30.82. Call it a very small anoyance with me, I get the same quality with either of these drivers, but the 30.82 just seems to respons to that one command better than any of the 4XXX set of drivers.CheersBob