Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alphahawk3

Anyone seen this before?

Guest Alphahawk3

I had to do a complete re-install....which I have done many times....but this cfg file is a mystery to me and when I let it rebuild it comes back the same....the sim will start but when I click on somehting it will freeze....I need help....it has gone from bad to worse.[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000[Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscProcSpeed=9870PerfBucket=6[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=0DisableTurbulence=0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.0]Mode=1024x768x32[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=Standard[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=1[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432D3D10=0[uSERINTERFACE]PageID=0

Guest firehawk44
I had to do a complete re-install....which I have done many times....but this cfg file is a mystery to me and when I let it rebuild it comes back the same....the sim will start but when I click on somehting it will freeze....I need help....it has gone from bad to worse.
The FSX.cfg is corrupt. If you have deleted or renamed your FSX.cfg and restarted FSX to rebuild and you still get this, then your only option is to completely uninstall FSX and reinstall. When you uninstalled and reinstalled in the past, you probably left a lot of FSX on your system as Microsoft does not completely clean your system when FSX is uninstalled. Make sure all directories, hidden and unhidden are deleted after the uninstall. Clean the registry to make sure no remnants of FSX remain. Reinstall. After reinstall of the original FSX, start up FSX, then close, then install SP1, restart FSX, close, then install SP2 or Acceleration. Jim

The FSX.cfg is corrupt. If you have deleted or renamed your FSX.cfg and restarted FSX to rebuild and you still get this, then your only option is to completely uninstall FSX and reinstall. When you uninstalled and reinstalled in the past, you probably left a lot of FSX on your system as Microsoft does not completely clean your system when FSX is uninstalled. Make sure all directories, hidden and unhidden are deleted after the uninstall. Clean the registry to make sure no remnants of FSX remain. Reinstall. After reinstall of the original FSX, start up FSX, then close, then install SP1, restart FSX, close, then install SP2 or Acceleration. Jim
I believe you can skip SP1 if you are installing Acceleration..

Bert

Guest Alphahawk3
Thanks guys....you were right in your assumption. The problem is I did an uninstall and format of that drive before I did this. I had to do the format in DOS Prompt....which I am thinking that is a real format like we used to know in the old days.....and had to change my video settings to stop the lock ups and now all is OK and can put my video settings anywhere I want. Go figure....once again thanks for the reply. Regards